Is MMR Actually Working?

I personally don't play Survivor simply because I just don't find the gameplay interesting however I'm after the Rift stuff this time around so I start doing the Survivor challenges and back to back I just keep going against very good Killers with 4k+ hours who use whatever builds no addons but teaming with insanely weak Survivors who run perks that make zero sense who just go down every couple of seconds.

I can see why Survivors say X Killer is OP, this isn't reality it's just this level of play is insanely low. If you spend 75% of the game just running around not doing anything and first gen pops 10 mins into the match of course the Killer is going to dominate and i've seen this now. I never ever get this luxury as Killer my games are just click squads who afk gens in 5 mins, bring maps that massively favor them regardless of what I do, these Killers i've gone against today have undeniably had very easy wins handed to them.

People say "Buff Solo" I don't think doing that will actually suddenly make solo's do their objective or make them suddenly better.

Honestly It's sad to say but I am so jealous of these Killers having such free games where they barely have to pay attention, I would love to have this luxury for a day just to experience It.

Comments

  • Is it on and functioning? Yes.

    Is it in any way designed to match you against people of a similar skill level? Not in the slightest.

  • @Arbmos1998 said:

    I personally don't play Survivor simply because I just don't find the gameplay interesting however I'm after the Rift stuff this time around so I start doing the Survivor challenges and back to back I just keep going against very good Killers with 4k+ hours who use whatever builds no addons but teaming with insanely weak Survivors who run perks that make zero sense who just go down every couple of seconds.

    I can see why Survivors say X Killer is OP, this isn't reality it's just this level of play is insanely low. If you spend 75% of the game just running around not doing anything and first gen pops 10 mins into the match of course the Killer is going to dominate and i've seen this now. I never ever get this luxury as Killer my games are just click squads who afk gens in 5 mins, bring maps that massively favor them regardless of what I do, these Killers i've gone against today have undeniably had very easy wins handed to them.

    People say "Buff Solo" I don't think doing that will actually suddenly make solo's do their objective or make them suddenly better.

    Honestly It's sad to say but I am so jealous of these Killers having such free games where they barely have to pay attention, I would love to have this luxury for a day just to experience It.

    its working, it’s working so we’ll that it has uprooted the balance of the game and pretty much killed the game for killer. Of course devs won’t admit to it because his out of touch they are with reality and all…

  • @Arbmos1998 said:

    I personally don't play Survivor simply because I just don't find the gameplay interesting however I'm after the Rift stuff this time around so I start doing the Survivor challenges and back to back I just keep going against very good Killers with 4k+ hours who use whatever builds no addons but teaming with insanely weak Survivors who run perks that make zero sense who just go down every couple of seconds.

    I can see why Survivors say X Killer is OP, this isn't reality it's just this level of play is insanely low. If you spend 75% of the game just running around not doing anything and first gen pops 10 mins into the match of course the Killer is going to dominate and i've seen this now. I never ever get this luxury as Killer my games are just click squads who afk gens in 5 mins, bring maps that massively favor them regardless of what I do, these Killers i've gone against today have undeniably had very easy wins handed to them.

    People say "Buff Solo" I don't think doing that will actually suddenly make solo's do their objective or make them suddenly better.

    Honestly It's sad to say but I am so jealous of these Killers having such free games where they barely have to pay attention, I would love to have this luxury for a day just to experience It.

    Honestly It's sad to say but I am so jealous of these Killers having such free games where they barely have to pay attention, I would love to have this luxury for a day just to experience It.

    Let all of them escape and you'll get those type of matches.

    Sweat for the 4K = teams that sweat for the 4man escape.

  • @Dumpstick said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/294249/is-mmr-actually-working

    Dead by Daylight... the forum where every survivor player is teamed up with potatoes, and every killer is up against commando squads.

    I'm a 50/50 player.

    With my best killers i'm facing commando squads that are trying to save the world.

    As a survivor i'm often matched with commando survivors holding a knife between their teeth. 😂

  • @Arbmos1998 said:

    I personally don't play Survivor simply because I just don't find the gameplay interesting however I'm after the Rift stuff this time around so I start doing the Survivor challenges and back to back I just keep going against very good Killers with 4k+ hours who use whatever builds no addons but teaming with insanely weak Survivors who run perks that make zero sense who just go down every couple of seconds.

    I can see why Survivors say X Killer is OP, this isn't reality it's just this level of play is insanely low. If you spend 75% of the game just running around not doing anything and first gen pops 10 mins into the match of course the Killer is going to dominate and i've seen this now. I never ever get this luxury as Killer my games are just click squads who afk gens in 5 mins, bring maps that massively favor them regardless of what I do, these Killers i've gone against today have undeniably had very easy wins handed to them.

    People say "Buff Solo" I don't think doing that will actually suddenly make solo's do their objective or make them suddenly better.

    Honestly It's sad to say but I am so jealous of these Killers having such free games where they barely have to pay attention, I would love to have this luxury for a day just to experience It.

    Is it working?

    The answer is - it's complicated.

    Sometimes it works like gangbusters and I'll get mostly even matchups all evening. Usually 1-3 outs, but I never feel overwhelmed.

    Other times it'll put me up against literally whoever.

    A few warning signs:

    • Instant queue - you've been thrown into a lobby that another killer dodged. Either dodge yourself or load up on your best addons and prepare for pain.
    • Multiple instant queues - it's not working right now. Probably worth taking the evening off.
    • Full lobby of fancy skins - probably a smurfing SWF. See #1 Often has a .TTV in the lobby.
    • Longer queues - it's probably working.

    @I_am_Negan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/294249/is-mmr-actually-working

    Honestly It's sad to say but I am so jealous of these Killers having such free games where they barely have to pay attention, I would love to have this luxury for a day just to experience It.

    Let all of them escape and you'll get those type of matches.

    Sweat for the 4K = teams that sweat for the 4man escape.

    That's how it should work. It often doesn't. I'll have multiple games against teams that roflstomp me sometimes.

    Again - instant queues are always the #1 warning sign that you might be in trouble.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/294249/is-mmr-actually-working

    Is it working?

    The answer is - it's complicated.

    Sometimes it works like gangbusters and I'll get mostly even matchups all evening. Usually 1-3 outs, but I never feel overwhelmed.

    Other times it'll put me up against literally whoever.

    A few warning signs:

    • Instant queue - you've been thrown into a lobby that another killer dodged. Either dodge yourself or load up on your best addons and prepare for pain.
    • Multiple instant queues - it's not working right now. Probably worth taking the evening off.
    • Full lobby of fancy skins - probably a smurfing SWF. See #1 Often has a .TTV in the lobby.
    • Longer queues - it's probably working.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2632542#Comment_2632542

    That's how it should work. It often doesn't. I'll have multiple games against teams that roflstomp me sometimes.

    Again - instant queues are always the #1 warning sign that you might be in trouble.

    Instant queues for survivor, not so much for when I play killer.

    Instant queues meaning? Waiting no longer then what? 1 second?

  • @I_am_Negan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2632591#Comment_2632591

    Instant queues for survivor, not so much for when I play killer.

    Instant queues meaning? Waiting no longer then what? 1 second?

    Sub 10-seconds on killer I'd say. Can't really give an exact number. Basically this seems to be the sign for 'the SBMM system is offline' I've found. Usually happens late at night.

  • @JohnWeak said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2632529#Comment_2632529

    I'm a 50/50 player.

    With my best killers i'm facing commando squads that are trying to save the world.

    As a survivor i'm often matched with commando survivors holding a knife between their teeth. 😂

    I tend to face teams that think win conditions matter as if they win a prize. As survivor all i see is the same sloppy mixed with ruin and pop.

  • It seems to be working ok for me but that’s just my experience. 🤷‍♂️

  • Im just too tired to listen all the excuses about something that does not work as it supposed to.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2632616#Comment_2632616

    Sub 10-seconds on killer I'd say. Can't really give an exact number. Basically this seems to be the sign for 'the SBMM system is offline' I've found. Usually happens late at night.

    I play usually in the evening and it's a couple of minutes to find a match as killer.

    All I know from my experience if I get 3-4K I get strong teams if I let them all go to a 1-2K I get easier chill teams.

  • @I_am_Negan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2632644#Comment_2632644

    I play usually in the evening and it's a couple of minutes to find a match as killer.

    All I know from my experience if I get 3-4K I get strong teams if I let them all go to a 1-2K I get easier chill teams.

    Yeah, evenings seem to be when it's usually 'on'. Sunday was the last time I saw it offline (instant queues) in the evening.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2632700#Comment_2632700

    Yeah, evenings seem to be when it's usually 'on'. Sunday was the last time I saw it offline (instant queues) in the evening.

    Weekends I usually take my breaks from DBD I have more time to play other games.