A way to make chases more balanced and discourage being chased as a survivor.
So I find that playing at high ranks you usually have one or two people who want to loop for eight years and the rest are working on gens. Now obviously if they're following you around trying to get your attention you usually ignore them seeing as they aren't doing anything productive for their team and actually making the game easier for you to win. However sometimes the whole team is wanting to get chased and are doing gens, and thereby making you want to chase them considering they, unlike the previous, are impeding you ability to win at that point. Usually the people who want to get chased are very good at looping, usually. And Youtube is filled with videos of looping the entire game etc. While it holds it merits to do so as a killer who has to deal with looping, unlike the nurse for example, it can be frustrating when you simply can't do anything because the RNG of the map was good for the survivors or they're at a strong main building/shack. I think this issue could be somewhat mitigated by adding a fear mechanic to the game. (It would also fit the lore considering a lot of bakers journal entries early on talked about the crushing fear and dread he felt in the trials) Basically it'd be kind of a copy of Friday the 13th's fear mechanic. Basically the longer you are in a chase the more afraid you become and you trip up every once in a while. Not so much that you can't do anything as a survivor after a while but enough that it could give a little edge to the killer eventually. Maybe slap a few extra penalties to being afraid or something and you'd encourage survivors to not be chased and to get out of a chase quickly. (also replace this with bloodlust and a high ranked killer you really never use it, I don't really get why it exists) Just an Idea and maybe not exactly how it should work but that's what I've got.
Comments
I mean... Honestly, doesn't bloodlust just serve this purpose?
This would be super annoying and make soloQ even worse.
I love long chases, that's the best thing about survivors. So mechanic that makes you lose chases faster and there is nothing you can do about it, no.
Bloodlust can help with that, but survivors can actually play around bloodlust.
Not really no, at least in my experience, because when it comes to killers like PHead, Huntress, wraith or other killers who use abilities in a chase then using it blocks bloodlust. Plus breaking or being stunned by a pallet kills your bloodlust. (edit here) [And to that point bloodlust rarely, for me, ever actually builds up.]
I wouldn't say to make it so strong that it'd make it impossible to have a long chase, just a little boost to make chases not as boring and slightly more unpredictable. It'd also help with just holding W on maps like Midwitch so over time if its frequent they keep getting chased they get a little less distance so you aren't just running in a straight line forever.
I really hate RNG things, I want to be able to predict outcomes.
It would be hard to tell if I can make another loop, when I trip for some reason....
Bloodlust helps m1 killers, yes killer powers remove Bloodlust, but those powers usually help you to down survivors.
There is no reason to bring mechanic to nerf chases, there are other ways to help killers without any major punishment to survivors.
I want to down survivors because I was better there, not because they tripped at bad time.
Valid points and I do agree to the m1 argument and about wanting to down them for being better but I personally like RNG with some things. I find it boring if I can predict that I can make it to a loop or if I can just dead hard for distance to the pallet/window. In Ft13 I liked it because it didn't blatantly make you lose most of the time, it caused you to need to prepare for it and to recalculate the situation. I think, most of the time but not always, a better player would be able to adapt to it and change the plan according to the situation.
I agree the game should have something that encourage to injures multiple survivors than chase down a single one.
Since each survivors have their own resources (perks, item). Its better to keep chasing a guy to completely deplete their resource (DH, DS...) than break the chase and 1min later go back to him being healthy with DH ready.
Further more I play fair and often DS hurts me more than other players who tunnel. Chase one down, hook, chase again, eat DS, chase again hook, then remove one permanently. I dont tunnel so I dont get any DS through the match, but in EGC, I take multiple DS because they're not yet use any DS.
One can hope though