Add v AI mode that is similar to For Honor
I started playing For Honor thanks to the DBD crossover. They have v AI for all their game modes. In the v AI mode you still are able to complete challenges, progress in the battlepass, earn xp and in game currency, and even get achievements/trophies - you just don't go up in rank. It's a nice casual mode instead of the PVP mode that is the more serious players.
DBD should have a v AI mode where you can complete challenges, progress through rift, earn BP/Shards/XP and earn achievements/trophies. If you want to move up in grade and receive grade rewards you can play pvp mode.
This will allow those wanting a casual game to truly play a casual game without worry that someone wanting to sweat will come in for quick and easy matches. The bots can even be programmed to play a variety of load outs so players on both sides can have matches away from the meta perks they usually encounter. Those wanting the more competitive matches can still get those in pvp.
Comments
We need this desperately, not to mention its already possible with the work Mobile has done, but they seem to really be taking their time.
I'm gonna hope it's coming, but they want to make the AI as close to players as possible. Atm they are fairly dumb and easy to trick.
Yeah, in For Honor I've noticed in Duels if I win couple in a row all of a sudden I get one that just destroys me because the game learns from me and forces me to change what I'm doing. ๐ They would need bots that can learn from survivors/killers so you don't just steamroll the bots but also isn't a sweatfest.
I hope a bot mode is coming but I also wanted to point out letting us earn all the other stuff while playing a bot mode like in For Honor, don't just have it be in the tutorial section where nothing counts. If I complete a challenge v a bot give me credit for that. If I played enough v bot matches to have gone up a level in the rift let me go up a level in the rift. Treat it like regular game - only use what you've unlocked in bloodweb, lose add-ons you use, etc. with the only difference being you aren't playing a person on the other side and you don't earn pips for grade rewards.
Just for reference DbD mobile actually does allow you to set up custom matches versus bots. Also on mobile if someone disconnects a bot automatically takes their place so at least the game can continue somewhat normally (obviously the bots aren't as good as humans, they're better than nothing though).
Unfortunately the mobile game is a separate thing from the PC game so there's no indication the bots are going to be available here. ๐ฅ
I'd want more than custom match though. Custom match you don't earn anything from completing challenges, rift progress, etc. I think bot mode should be treated as regular match where you can earn that stuff just don't pip and receive grade rewards.
I wouldn't turn down Bloodpoints. I'd be happy with even just custom matches and replacing disconnects though.