300 IQ Survivor Moves! What's Your Favorite?
Well, I got totally outplayed this evening.
A Yun would constantly lead me on some crazy chases, only to somehow slip away at the last second. She'd run to a locker, I'd hear the door, open it and...no Yun.
Zuh?
Finally, I spotted her doing it in a chase - she'd just touch the locker, then walk away. Foxed me more times than I'm proud of.
Another great one - I'm playing Pinhead (really trying to enjoy him until the next patch, when he'll be as DOA as Wraith is). A Meg picks up the box and she's across the map. I teleport and somehow she manages to position me right in front of that creepy damn horse on...I forget what the map is called. The one with the little carnival. Anyway, intentional or not I got jumpscared so hard that I was on tilt for the entire game.
How about you? What are some crazy survivor tricks you've discovered.
Comments
Falling from a window at a high spot and then landing and stand still until the killer falls over you and start looking, when the hitboxes Merge together and he can't find you for a brief moment.
My favourite recent one was a DH tech someone used on me recently - they DH through me, which is pretty normal, so I turn around and: no survivor. No scratch marks. I move around, check lockers - turns out they had used DH to clip into me and were just in sync with my movements, which weren't too large because I was trying to survey the immediate area closely, well enough that it took a while to catch on.
This yui, shes doing a gen, and than I stalk her - exposing her. She stops, and proceeds to walk straight up to me. I was playing ghosty
That is legitimately evil.
My favorite was a -300 IQ play i did. As Meg with small game perk on one of the auto wrecker maps. Huntress has HEX Retribution and Hex (old) Undying.
I was running around being completely ignored by the killer. Hey there's a hex, cleanse, hey a Hex, cleanse, repeat 5 times. I was the kid just strolling through the park having a good time mean while my other team mates...... They were all like chickens panicking trapped in the hen house with a fox having the worst time of their lives. Since I was giving the Huntress like 90 seconds of wall hacks. LOL stupid of me but was just too good and would do it again.
My favourite big brain play at the moment is when I'm in a deadzone with no prospect of getting anywhere, run directly into the killer as if I'm using DH. For a brief moment they will not hit me as they are suspecting the DH and so even look behind them. But then quickly start running away again. They'll then normally go straight for the lunge and it is at that moment I dead hard. This has saved me too many times.
Only works against decent killers though funnily enough.
I see survivors do this against me, even at my ...I'm guessing intermediate MMR. It's annoyingly effective - not because of the play, but because of the current (and probably unfixable) bug where DH constantly gives the killer 'fake hits', which almost always results in a lost chase.
Yeah.
One time I vaulted directly into a Myers on a T-L and he stared at me for a second and left.
He was intimidated, clearly.
Hah.
Yeah, sometimes I'll give survivors a free chase if they get a really bad bounce and nobody on the team has BMed me. Kept finding a Mikaela earlier trying to get the Box. Ended up just letting her get it.
Although in retrospect...she was playing Mikaela.