What Do You Think Of The Pinhead Nerfs?
I can't think of any other killer that was as much of a fustercluck as Pinhead has been.
First they removed all his voicing without adding anything to replace it (stealth buff, makes it really easy to hear footsteps and groans, unlike the permanently pizza-eating Demogorgon).
Then the NFT debacle, meaning that a lot of streamers are deliberately avoiding him to dodge the potential drama.
He did have one problem addon, the Engineer's Fang. Everyone expected this to get nerfed.
What I don't think they were expecting was a complete napalming of essentially all his addons, which were good, interesting but far from OP. Fang on the other hand escaped lightly singed. Wat.
I get that he could be troublesome for solos to deal with, but this definitely rubs me up the wrong way. It feels overboard, and relegates his addons to 'barely any impact at all' tier, letting him join Freddy and Pyramid Head on the 'why bother?' pile.
I'll probably still play him, as I love him thematically - but wow is this a letdown.
At least give people a chance to adjust to him before you start chopping.
Comments
Yes, but there are mad people who do all sorts of things :).
Pinehead is boring to play he needs a rework already anyway
Plus 2022 is going to be the year of the Demogorgon
I don't get why they shot themselves in the foot so bad to get this character in and then gutted him in record time. They made a deal with the devil to get him in. Saddled up with NFT's which puts them at risk of valves ire and was probably the most negative reception the community has ever had toward the devs in the games 5 year history. They went through all that just to get this guy in because they wanted him so bad, and then in 2 months they have gutted him to the realm of Billy and Slinger. The old "If we make this killer garbage, no one will play them, so survivors won't complain anymore." strategy the devs love. And it's not like the contract and responsibilities of behavior vanish now. They're now stuck with the NFT's and whatever else they signed onto for probably at least 2 years, all for a killer they kneecapped in two months.
I'll still main him, but these changes are inane.
So another killer has to experience their addons not adding much to their gameplay? That's depressing.
This. Right. Here. The engineer's fang is the only PinHead add-on now that does anything. And that's not even good in my opinion because the Engineer's Fang is like another killer power entirely.
If you want to play PinHead, the add-ons being run don't matter.
Which is so sad because so much of what was fun about him was how flexible he was with different add ons changing how I played him.
Survivors disconnected in 4/6 games i had today with pinhead. 2 of them were at the start of the game when they saw what i was playing.
My theory of game balance being determined by kill stats and DC rates is adding up.
I'll probably go back to Hag, Demo and Doctor. At least their addons are somewhat impactful.
Doesn't affect me honestly he's boring and ######### to play with a controller
Shrug.
Even if I wasn't a fan of the killer, I'd still be annoyed at these changes. They are absurdly heavyhanded.
Didn't they remove a chain from Engineers fang? That's pretty detrimental considering how easy it can be to break chains and having one less makes it all the more easier to break them and a lot harder to keep them locked down the second time. I get the box solving time addons nerfs but the iri lament nerf was kinda dumb.