Perk idea | Dying Hope

I know, the name doesn't really make sense. I'm the worst with coming up with names. But anyway, I've always wanted a slowdown perk that doesn't require me to interact with gens and that doesn't get destroyed 3 seconds into the game, so I came up with this. Balance wise, I don't really know how strong it is. It doesn't look too strong if you ask me. But what do you think about it? Is it a good perk or would you change something about it? :)

Dying Hope.png

"If you come up with a better name for this perk, I would be grateful!" xd

Comments

  • I would call it something like "faulty parts" or "Rusty gears" or "broken hope" *shrug*

    I just want that regression isn't stopped by just "tapping" the generator, it's so stupid as kicking itself is literally useless, except when you snowball super hard in the early game. They should need a time of 1-2 seconds for regression to stop. Mid-loop regression-safe is stupid.

    We basically have jolt and similar, theoretically, i would include such a mechanic anyways, or some more interactions for survivors instead, but w/e. I applaud the creativity. I still would rather see hex totems rework as they are useless atm. So rather make hex totems not visible all the time (via key or map they are visible as hex) and survivors can still see that there's a hex ofc, but visually they appear as dull totems.

  • Basically Ruin lite, less powerful, so it's not a Hex.

    I don't dislike it, but my idea of a decent and healthy 'Ruin-lite' perk would be something like:

    When you hook a survivor, all gens begin regressing at 80/90/100% for the next 60s. All regression is paused while you are within 16 meters of a hooked survivor.

    So basically a limited Ruin that triggers when you score a hook and only if you don't camp.

  • I could get behind a perk that is a weaker but permanent version of Ruin.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2624080#Comment_2624080

    The sad part is 100 % would still be useless. Kicking a gen now is 100 % regression speed, and it's borderline useless. Doesnt matter if it was passive and couldn't be destroyed. It'd be a perk that no one would use and people would still take their chances with ruin

    You’re assuming Ruin and this perk wouldn’t stack. Also this perk could still be good in combination with Surveillance.

  • I... don't know how to feel.

    It's basically a permanent but weaker Ruin. That kills any synergy with Pop and Eruption, which is unfortunate.

    80% normal regression means -0.2 c/s or 5 seconds to undo 1 sec of repairs.

    It's a pretty underwhelming perk, tbh. If it were 100% it'd still just be decent, but it being 80% just kills it.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2624172#Comment_2624172

    I agree. But it would still be mediocre. Surveillance is still bugged I think ?

    Is it bugged? I hadn’t noticed, at least when I used it a week or so ago.

  • @GrimReaperJr1232 said:

    I... don't know how to feel.

    It's basically a permanent but weaker Ruin. That kills any synergy with Pop and Eruption, which is unfortunate.

    80% normal regression means -0.2 c/s or 5 seconds to undo 1 sec of repairs.

    It's a pretty underwhelming perk, tbh. If it were 100% it'd still just be decent, but it being 80% just kills it.

    Fun fact. I actually decided to give it that 5 seconds window before regressing, just so you would be able to use perks like POP

  • @Kira4Evr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2624185#Comment_2624185

    Fun fact. I actually decided to give it that 5 seconds window before regressing, just so you would be able to use perks like POP

    Or you could maybe have the perk say “You can damage generators that are already regressing.” as one of its effects. There’s no other perk that does that so it would be a unique effect.