Survivor spawn next to to totem.
Can somebody explain to me how can a single survivor was able to destroy the whole match in a span of 14 seconds starting from first second they spawn?
i was playing hag with only one single hex perk, which is ruin and as the game started I immediately rushed off to secure my totem, when suddenly, poof, it was cleansed like it was nothing, not even a chance to fend it, and i arrived there 3 seconds late, after that gens just kept popping left and right. the match didn't even last 8 minutes.
how long has this been like this!?
Comments
Since forever. Totems spawn in obvious areas that are impossible for survivors to miss, which makes them impossible to defend.
Survivors have always been spawning next to totems. Not every game but yeah.
It's always been like this.
One patch a while back there was a "fix" that prevented survivors from spawning in LoS of a lit totem, but often they would still see the totem due to the camera spin at the start. But that "fix" doesn't appear to be working since I had a game where I literally spawned looking at and in front of a lit totem.
it all happened in the first 20 seconds of the match, I haven't planted any traps yet and i already lost...
A couple weeks ago I played with one of my friends and they legit spawned 1 meter from ruin. And it was directly in their LOS from the default camera position when the game started.
The trickster was about to engage in his first chase (with me) when the hex popped across the map.
He immediately stood still and decided to let us farm.
I've also had games where I can't immediately see a lit totem, but I'm close enough to it (eg. on the other side of a wall) that I can still hear it and immediately know it's there.
They really need to make a better fix for this, and with boons in the game now I would argue that survivors shouldn't spawn near ANY totem, not just hexes.
Like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62a6OSY6Cm0Exactly this with trapper, spawn, go directly to trap ruin, ruins goes "bum" before i reach it.
Like come on, :(
It's not difficult to memorize totem spawn points. The second you load in it becomes natural to check the spots nearest to you.
I think the moral of the story here is not to use hex perks. They can be powerful, but only if you get really lucky on the spawn and survivors aren't looking for them.
Good Survivors will check for Ruin then go and find it
Which on one hand makes Surveillance a decent perk
But on the other hand makes Undying a pretty good perk
Oh no... That hurts to watch
This happened to me today! Literally spawned right in front of ruin and broke it within the first 20 seconds of the match.
I honestly did feel so bad, but that Pyramid Head was an ass so I regret nothing now😂
Because totem spawns are garbage on average. They're literally right next to hooks and gens, or in the open.
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/293308/hex-totem-buff#latest
something like that maybe? I have this idea for a long time. It doesn't have to be exactly like this, but something to give hex a worth again. Nowadays they are pretty useless
Hence my point is not to run hex perks. They're again, only good against people that don't look and don't happen across them.
That is true