Why can you still hook block
Why is it still a thing in this game that survivors can block a hook.
Hooking is already slow enough as it is (wastes far too much time, about a third of a gen just to pick someone up and hook them), but it's even more annoying when you have 0 hooks, 2 gens have already gone, and people still decide they're gonna try and deny you that one hook.
If someone hook blocks me, I'm quite happy to just go after them instead, throw the game and camp them to death tbh.
The Killer already loses collision after they hit someone, so we don't need hook blocking to be a thing for "realism".
If I'm carrying a survivor and I'm near a hook, hooking should get priority. I should be able to hook through the survivors.
And don't hit me with the "just use starstruck", or "just use mad grit".
- I don't have these perks on every Killer
- I'm not running a useless build for the rare occasions when someone tries this annoying tactic on me, cause it's actually not that common
Also I just had a game playing Demo with literally no perks for STBFL, someone tried this one me, and well I ended up losing the hook but with 3 slugs. It was funny, but I still think this "mechanic" should leave the game.
Comments
i feel the same way
This is definitely up there for me as one of the most frustrating mechanics for sure.
I like the fact that the collision is there for the most part, adds a level of strategy and skill to the movement in the game. However I feel there should be a mechanic to allow the Killer to override the survivors hitbox for the purposes of hooking.
I like this idea.
i been tinking this for a bit, specially since a group 3 body blocked me one time and it was the most frustrating thing i have endured when it comes to bodyblocks. In regard to that killers should be allowed to charge their M1 atack for half a second, upon impact the survivor should be sent down to the ground stunned for a moment with one damage of healt, that way IF they want to body block they should also take in consideration they might get downed themselves, killer will still lose some time with the atack but at the very least survivors will have to be smart about it or risk giving the killer another hook/kill
A small bit of Mad Grit should be made basekit; when you hit a survivor while carrying someone, the wiggle meter pauses for the duration of the animation lock.
I feel like allowing the Killer to whack space through a survivors hit box would be an easier fix than adding a new type of attack to the game (we'd get about 5 bugs for free with that anyway)
Yeah I agree, Killer already moves slow as heck so if you manage to hit someone whilst carrying someone else then you deserve a small reward (in this case, no progress on the wiggle meter for the cooldown at least). Hookblocking atm is not punishable enough.