-personal bloodpoints offerings

I'm confused about something when two people bring offerings with

-personal

-stacks

they both "pop" like they are additive, is it that they may still stack, or do I just read it completely wrong?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0NfMUsGYZY

Comments

  • @BIeepBIoop said:

    2v8 confirmed?!

    Just messing around, but wouldn't it be amazing, I have a simple explanation though, it's because some perks give bonuses to specific things like deviousness such as like ummmm the one perk where it removes bloodstain and bloodlust 1 and stuff like that. It to show it stacks with those perks I believe.

    It's just one of these things no one ever could explain to me. I still consider myself a "noob" to all the details, but bonus bp offerings always pop up together as if they stack, no matter if they are the same offering, the video is just to show what I mean, not an exact example.

    The "stacks" normally means it stacks with other offerings, which I understand. But my question is more why they act like they are additive to each other even if they are "-personal" which I understand as, only you get the bonus bp.

  • I've noticed all BP offerings "pop" like that, even the killer ones will "pop" with the survivor BP offerings. The stacks is for things like BBQ and WGLF so you're gonna get the 25% per stack plus the 50-100% in the category.

    My guess is the "pop" during the load in is just denoting it's a BP offering.

  • It just means that they are the same... for BP

  • @BIeepBIoop said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2619230#Comment_2619230

    Because it only stacks with those specific perks and also the meme addons for killers, though you are right, it is really confusing I never really noticed how strange it was before. x-x

    They really need to be a bit more specific with things, don't they I can see how it would be really confusing especially if you are new and I have been playing for quite some time. Just now realized it doesn't make much sense so good job with catching it and I hope I managed to help you learn new things today as well! (:

    Yeah I mean sometimes the phrasing of certain challenges is a little... "confusing" when it says "hook 5 different survivors" it sounds like you need to play at least 2 games to complete it. But these are really small things that are low on my "weird" list

  • They stack for the person who burned the personal offering.

    The game doesn't take notice of who burns the offering at the load in screen though. If you play party streamers and the other survivors all play personal offerings, it'll 'pop' for all of them, but each one is only stacking for the survivor who played it.

  • It's a category thing from the beginning of the game.

    I don't know any specifics and am also just going by logic but then we had several different offering "categories" more.

    Moonlight, fog density, desired map, survivor spawning together/apart, hook distance, personal/all BP gain and so on

    And all of those would make this pop animation to originally show if they work together or against each other and I guess, even if no offerings don't influence each other, that the devs simply didn't program an exception for them and the game handles them like all others.

  • @burt0r said:

    It's a category thing from the beginning of the game.

    I don't know any specifics and am also just going by logic but then we had several different offering "categories" more.

    Moonlight, fog density, desired map, survivor spawning together/apart, hook distance, personal/all BP gain and so on

    And all of those would make this pop animation to originally show if they work together or against each other and I guess, even if no offerings don't influence each other, that the devs simply didn't program an exception for them and the game handles them like all others.

    It just seems weird, like i said, i get when they are -stacks, specially for Oak and that stuff, it's just weird that -personal also pops up like they stack. could have been i understand the personal thing wrong and it means something else. I think multiple map offerings even have a tiny different animation(?) i would need to check that though (to show they somewhat contradict each other)