Okay I give up anyone knows about this?
So every time I play this game there always these some sort of rubberbanding that keeps happening to me while playing. It's not even an internet issue since every other thing in the game isn't suffering from this and plays normal. It's gotten to the point that every chase that happens both as a killer and survivor practically threw the match for me.
Watch "fix" on Streamable.
As you can see in the video I'm having these Rubber band moments while the survivor just kept moving perfectly fine, I stopped for a brief second in a chase and that's getting quite annoying. It can even happen in the middle of the lunge animation if you're unlucky and would just halt your entire momentum. Game was fine two days ago and this problem just popped up yesterday last night.
I'm out of options here so anyone has a fix for this? I tried verifying cache and reinstall would probably be my last resort.
Comments
First of all, do you have infos on your hardware (you can check them on the task manager in the Performance tab)?
The sound cut-outs and the rubber-banding seem more like FPS problems, do you play with unlocked FPS by any chance? I know that they can cause problems, even if it is "smoother".
Also it would be nice if you could watch your performance and if anything spikes out while playing. If you know how to log data that would be very good.
From there we can see what the cause it and circle everything out what isn't the problem
Id first want to ask if your hardware is properly ventalated as a system thats on the hot side can cause this at times
I think my recording software is just garbage in general. Using Xbox game bar, It's just naturally installed on my Computer. I don't play with unlocked FPS and I never changed any configs to do that as far as I'm aware. The only thing that I could think of that correlates to this problem is me using Geforce experience to launch the game and set the settings to full on performance. It's something I installed prior to this happening
That's about it so I'm not sure whether this unlocked FPS for some reason.
Either way I'll play one more game and see what happens to the fps if it spikes
Disable xbox game bar, it's not as bad as it was, but geforce experience (alt+z) is way better. Your hardware would be interesting, as i guess you play on a laptop?
you can make a screenshot like i did here to let me know if there's any bottleneck. Not every "lag" is internet, sometimes we have different things that causes a certain game to "lag" or make problems. you can open the taskmanager by right-clicking on your taskbar and then choose "Task Manager"
a screenshot works best via "snipping tool" (alternatively windows-key+shift+s) or just the print screen. you can press "ctrl+v" to add it here
Nah just a very outdated PC. I have to go out today and can only respond tomorrow. My bad.
unfortuantly i can't see your gpu, you would need to pull this to the right:
Your CPU is fine, for the most part. Your Ram is a little low and could spike, can you verify that in game the settings are on "low"? Sometimes GeForce experience doesn't change it even if it says it does, it's not a reliable tool for that. ( i could explain here but that's not important XD)
Anyway I fixed it but appreciate the help. It was the Nvidia drivers or Geforce experience being garbo with the game.