Simple set of survivor questions

This set of questions is for casuals, veterans, competitive players, anyone. I want to see if people have similar answers or not.

If you're in a match and you die, is it still considered a win (or a satisfying experience overall) to you if...

  1. the other 3 survivors escape?
  2. 2 survivors escape?
  3. only 1 survivor escapes?

Comments

    1. Yes
    2. Two escapes is a tie for me
    3. One or less is a loss unless I died saving a really good teammate who managed to get out. By really good, I mean they did gens, looped the killer and pulled of some sick rescues.

    In the end though, I no longer care about escaping so much so as just having a fun chill time. Heck, I used to try and offer up myself to killers when I see they had it rough, but stopped because I realized it made them feel worse even though I was just trying to give them points.

  • The answer to all of those is depends on if the match was engaging and fun.

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    The answer to all of those is depends on if the match was engaging and fun.

    what makes a game engaging and fun to you?

  • Was I entertained? If yes, then it's a win for me.

  • if theres a lot of engagement and fun in the game

  • what is the cause of the engagement and fun?

  • @ImBlissful said:

    This set of questions is for casuals, veterans, competitive players, anyone. I want to see if people have similar answers or not.

    If you're in a match and you die, is it still considered a win (or a satisfying experience overall) to you if...

    1. the other 3 survivors escape?
    2. 2 survivors escape?
    3. only 1 survivor escapes?

    It's situational.

    1-Let's say I was hardcore tunneled but kept the killer busy enough for 3 to escape and I die. That's a win.

    2- yes (hard for me to create a situation but I'd take it as a win)

    3-Killer is on xgames mode and a god making everyone work for the chance at an escape yes

  • When your brain produces dopamine

  • I guess for me it depends on the amount of bloodpoints I got.

  • A subjective experience wherein interest is captured by ways some may interact within the game, and amusement or entertainment is derived therein.

    1. if scores are similar, yes. If I performed poorly and my scoring is crud compared to the others, no.
    2. It’s somewhat like a tie
    3. if I’m the reason that last survivor escaped, it’s a definite win. Otherwise it depends on how the game went and scoring.

    it all comes down to if it was an exciting game. If I had a blast then I don’t care.

  • If even one person escapes, then we did our job. But if they got hatch or something, then it wasn't really an escape imo. Hatch is just a freebie to prevent playing out the game.

  • Depends.

    If I’m only caring about myself and I escape (without given mercy by the Killer ofc), then I consider it a win.

    But generally speaking.

    1. A win.
    2. A tie.
    3. A loss.
  • My answer to any of these three questions depends on how I died; if I die to ensure someone else gets out that otherwise wouldn't have, then I'll take it as a personal win IF that survivor actually escapes, regardless of whether the other 2 got out or not. If they die anyway, then it's a loss.

    If I die running the killer for long enough for my teammates to get that last gen and get 2 or 3 people out of the exit, then yeah I'll probably take that as a win.

    Similarly, if I escape through hatch I don't really consider it a win, more just that "I didn't win, but I didn't completely lose either".

  • I am more satisfied playing as a martyr than actually escaping. One, two, three? I have saved all sorts with my expert Nancy techniques.