Stealth can be a smart strat.

Just went against a pig who could never find me on this one gen because instead of running away i'd just walk, leaving no scratch marks.

In the end game chat she got really salty about not being able to find people and said something like "red ranks? only hide".

I went ahead and explained to her that ranks aren't even a thing anymore, and just because we didn't just stay in the open and get her a free position of our location, doesn't mean we don't have "skill".

I see a lot of people complaining about people who play stealthy, and I can understand that if the person is just hiding and not progressing the game, but that is not always the case.

If someone can be outplayed by someone being stealthy, I see it as a positive and a valid strat. If one can avoid a hit knowing the killer isn't great at searching, they should capitalize on that.

Comments

  • Agreed - with a caveat. If I'm searching for you, or on your team, and you're choosing to hide rather than helping/saving a teammate, you're a detriment as a survivor to the survivor side. There's "not progressing a game" and then there's simple inaction, but both are bad.

    Full props to someone just playing things smart, though.

  • lol of course it can, the only problem with stealth is when you end up playing with those survivors who think if they are caught they instantly die.

  • @Yords said:

    lol of course it can, the only problem with stealth is when you end up playing with those survivors who think if they are caught they instantly die.

    I consider myself alright at looping, tho if I can avoid a hit by being stealthy, saving resources in the progress I will.

  • @Marigoria said:

    Just went against a pig who could never find me on this one gen because instead of running away i'd just walk, leaving no scratch marks.

    In the end game chat she got really salty about not being able to find people and said something like "red ranks? only hide".

    I went ahead and explained to her that ranks aren't even a thing anymore, and just because we didn't just stay in the open and get her a free position of our location, doesn't mean we don't have "skill".

    I see a lot of people complaining about people who play stealthy, and I can understand that if the person is just hiding and not progressing the game, but that is not always the case.

    If someone can be outplayed by someone being stealthy, I see it as a positive and a valid strat. If one can avoid a hit knowing the killer isn't great at searching, they should capitalize on that.

    yeah. as long as people aren't holding the game hostage, I see no issue with stealth.

  • @ElusivePukka said:

    Agreed - with a caveat. If I'm searching for you, or on your team, and you're choosing to hide rather than helping/saving a teammate, you're a detriment as a survivor to the survivor side. There's "not progressing a game" and then there's simple inaction, but both are bad.

    Full props to someone just playing things smart, though.

    No one was left on hook, I also bring kindred every match so I'm aware when I should save or not.

  • I love playing stealthy. Quick side note maybe it's just me but i feel stealth is not really viable without iron will

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    I love playing stealthy. Quick aide not maybe it's just me but i feel stealth is not really viable without iron will

    Mild disagreement. Even without Iron Will/Urban Evasion, walking a circle around the right rock can juke a lot of killers in the beginning of a chase - at least long enough to get you to a loop.

  • Situationally it can be good but the way its used causes some problems. A lot of killers try to play "fair" by leaving the hook to chase someone else. If a teammate that hasn't been hooked yet is hiding in lockers and walking to avoid being chased, the killer is left with no choice but to camp and/or tunnel.

    Evening out hook states is the best chance for the whole team to escape, so play more aggressive depending on how the hook counters play out.

    If you're hooked twice early, by all means, hide from BBQ, walk, and go for that corner gen that the killer probably doesn't care about defending. But in the opposite situation, leave lots of scratch marks, go to a less safe tile to encourage the killer to chase, etc.

    These are just basic strats that the game doesn't do a good job at teaching new players, and I don't see many solo queue teammates employ them.

  • sometimes im making Noise on purpose and hide. It’s funny to watch the killer look for me while gens pop lol