Please consider your console player base
Honestly it just gets frustrating even being a fan because of how often the console players are left out. Killers are made that put console at a disadvantage. Maps are put out that hurt console performance. To top it off give aways, which should be fun, are just frustrating because us console players have no chance. There's no way a console player will ever beat a PC player in typing out at 30 digit code. Even in my post, which I said in it that it's frustrating to keep seeing these codes as a console player I get a notification that one is now in my post so I can't even avoid seeing it. Please just consider your console fan base. If you're going to do giveaway codes make some console only codes, or better yet, don't have it be who can type in a 30 digit code the fastest. This was a complaint with DwightCrow and the Fruit Cake charms yet it's still being done for giveaways.
Comments
We do consider our console player base that is why we're giving away the majority of our codes via our Discord - where the claiming is just reacting to the bot so is not dependent on whether console or PC.
However, I wanted to be able to bring something to the forums - and have the opportunity to give away some to our players here as well. These codes are unfortunately not able to be limited to a platform so they have to be random and whilst I understand the difficulty with typing the code in on console, for these codes, it's not possible for that to be any different.
But I will still stress that the majority of the code giveaway is happening on our Discord and we're also giving them away on Twitter also.
I went over to Discord, while there I saw same 3 people win multiple times in a row because it's a bot giving away codes and nothing to stop the same ones winning. People pointing out they're using autoclickers set to with PC to keep winning.
Twitter has the single raffle but aside from that no other codes, although if they do so more they probably will be same thing of "type quickly."
Here people suggested other methods so console would have a chance like have people be the first to respond and then send them the code directly - that way could not only make sure it isn't just same people getting the code but also gives console a fair shot.
I get you wanted it to be fun but as console player it isn't. And when console player on their own post says "I hope it's over because it's frustrating" and then you comment, which causes a notification, with yet another code they have no chance of winning it doesn't feel good. And then you commented ANOTHER code after commenting on this post so I would get another notification in that post - which just seems like you're purposely trying to be spiteful.
I tried discord too and gave up, even people getting characters and skins they already own, I was hoping for a new Nancy skin, never mind 😔
We do consider our console player base that is why we're giving away the majority of our codes on Discord, a place that PC players can access faster and easier than anybody else.🤡
Forgetting giveaway codes for a second, when are we going to get joystick deadzone settings on console?
Other games have this, it'sa basic thing. Without it, ranged killers are not viable, at all. All ranged killers. Huntress, Deathslinger, Trickster, Plague, Pinhead, and Nurse because her blink targetting is similar.
PC have a mouse, you literally click on what you want to hit and you hit it.