Why not console only codes?

Can I say first of all, mods you're beyond kind for how often you're dropping these codes for people so thank you!

But why aren't there console only codes? It's literally the only way for us console people to have a shot at a code.

2 or 3 codes have been given to me and all instantly claimed by let's be real, pc people.

I don't have an issue with pc people of course, but it is so beyond unfair how a lot of you are just sitting on the thread and copy and pasting the code that was given to a console player especially.

I wouldn't ever steal a code given to someone, I know a lot of you are gonna be like 'well get a pc ez or first come first serve' and I'm gonna stop it right there.

I have a pc but my main account is on my xbox and secondly, if a code is given to a specific person then NO not first come first serve, it's just a scummy thing to do honestly.


Yeah if people wanna go off at me then go for it but it's just frustrating to not even have a chance.

Comments

  • @BabuDweet said:

    Can I say first of all, mods you're beyond kind for how often you're dropping these codes for people so thank you!

    But why aren't there console only codes? It's literally the only way for us console people to have a shot at a code.

    2 or 3 codes have been given to me and all instantly claimed by let's be real, pc people.

    I don't have an issue with pc people of course, but it is so beyond unfair how a lot of you are just sitting on the thread and copy and pasting the code that was given to a console player especially.

    I wouldn't ever steal a code given to someone, I know a lot of you are gonna be like 'well get a pc ez or first come first serve' and I'm gonna stop it right there.

    I have a pc but my main account is on my xbox and secondly, if a code is given to a specific person then NO not first come first serve, it's just a scummy thing to do honestly.

    Yeah if people wanna go off at me then go for it but it's just frustrating to not even have a chance.

    Is there no private message function on here?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    You have a better chance on their discord or Twitter, you have to dm them to get the code

    I know that, thank you for letting me know anyway!

    But that aside, there should be console only codes.

  • Someone else suggested they should do post here where first to comment would get a code, which I think would be fair. They could also make sure it gets spread out rather than one person getting the codes. I checked out Discord and because it's a bot the codes keep going to the same people over and over.

  • It's tricky. I'm guessing the mods were given instructions to make all codes accessible to everyone - they got a little more personal as the day went on and started taking 'requests', but I get the sense that's pushing it, or they would have started PMing people (which could backfire hard, from an administrative standpoint - you just need one person thanking them for it and suddenly there's a line of people asking for codes too, and complaints of favoritism and bias, and so on and so forth.)

    That said, I'm a PC user, and I don't begrudge anyone for calling out the problem here - these codes go lightning fast. I've been ten seconds late to one and missed it; that's less than half the time it takes to type in the code manually.

    So in the interests of fairness, I don't have an issue with some console-only codes... but I don't think the store system was built to differentiate them. That's something that would have to be done on code generation, if it's even possible. Console DBD and PC DBD are the same platform, it's not like mobile.

    For now, the only solution is to check out Twitter or Discord. But it is a shame that this one distribution ended up being so PC-favored - I don't use Twitter and I'm not a fan of large Discord servers, so the forum's my only form of DBD social media. And I've heard the Discord giveaway has been dominated by autoclickers anyway.

    I did hear one player suggest that the mods make a thread and PM the code to the first one to reply, and that's a system that could work well across all platforms.