Scourge hooks should be applied to all hooks

With how the perk is right now, four scourge hooks isn't enough and the benefits of the perk doesn't justify this limited amount of scourge hooks.

To make Scourge Hook work, you pretty much need Agitation to get to those hooks more reliably. Killers could just go with Sloppy Butcher and Thanatophobia or some other slowdown perk instead, and that would be more reliable/consistent. Also, those perks don't require a survivor to be hooked, even though their benefits are comparable to Scourge Hook.

If the perk made all hooks become scourge hooks, this would make the perk do well on its own by being more reliable/consistent.

Comments

  • Yea...the effects of the perk are okay, but is it much better than sloppy butcher? Not particularly, perhaps unless you're a killer that doesn't M1 very often (eg. huntress).

    The 9% penalty only adds around 7.9 seconds to a full generator (assuming you're doing it solo), and around 1.6 seconds to a standard heal.

    I think you could either go your route and make it work on every hook, and then leave it as it is, or don't but then increase the effects and/or increase the number of scourge hooks (6 perhaps).

    Fwiw, in all my survivor matches since the perk was released, I think I've seen it used by exactly one killer that wasn't a pinhead.

  • I agree that 4 hooks are too few, especially if they all spawn in the same area but I prefer the idea that only some hooks are special. Personally I would increase them to 6, but still the effect should be stronger to make the hassle to get to the right hook worth it.

  • That removes the gameplay loop it provides and it just becomes a generic passive effect rather than something to be considered in terms of Perk loadout and opportunity cost.

    I will agree that the first Scourge Hook Perk that they added is rather... Dull.

    However Scourge Hooks have the problem that if the effect is too local to the Hook or to the Hooked Survivor, they just become better Camping/Tunneling Perks.

    So for the most Part Scourge Hooks need to offset the "benefit" to occur away from the Hook, or after the Survivor has been Unhooked safely.


    While I am unsure what happens if a Survivor gains Endurance while suffering from Deep Wounds, perhaps if they made Pinheads Scourge Perk apply Deep Wounds on Unhooked Survivors )that were hooked on a Scourge Hook) that would make it better.