This game needs an FOV slider
Honestly it's ridiculous that everytime I play as a survivor, I can run inside a killer after they hit me and then run away while they look around clueless where I've gone. And as a killer, the FOV feels like you're a visually impaired cyclops.
And yes, you can use shadowborn but why tf would the devs make a QoL change into a perk? seems like an excuse for when there weren't many perks so they needed as many as they could, regardless what.
Shadowborn tier 3 isn't even that strong anyway, it won't win you games, it only affects survivors who run inside you to juke but that's easily countered anyway. It feels stupid that, on top of the mandatory gen regression perks, I also have to run something to make the game FEEL better. And only having 1-2 perks of my choice feels cheap as #########
Comments
I do hope they will make DS, BT, Corrupt, Ruin basekit as options is setting too.
When will people realize that perception and FoV are design choices in games, they are not Quality of Life or accessibility.
Don't get me wrong I would love a higher FoV as a killer, but I also understand why they are not going to change it. How much you can see influences the information you have to make decisions on. It influences map design, where one can hide how wide the map is to slip by the killer, etc.
A lot of people want FoV sliders because super zoomed in FoV can make people really motion sick.
Also 87 FOV is not normal no matter what people on forum say. If you played any other game in your life you would know
It isn't that big of a deal in the "information" area, it'd only affect the shack juke where a survivors crouches near the entrance instead of running to the window, but killers with over 10 games stopped falling for that years ago anyway.
Also, I don't suffer from motion sickness but I literally can't play trickster without shadowborn because of his weird mechanic with the recoil and the screen shaking. It's the most unpleasant experience I've had with any game in regards of FoV.
Btw, killers can be blinded easily with shadowborn, so making it basekit would give killer players a nicer feeling and it would be somewhat of an indirect buff to flashlights. Other than that, I literally don't see any real reason why they wouldn't make this basekit
Regardless of whether or not it should be base kit, I do think Shadowborn’s extra field of view is useful.
So I definitely feel like get a benefit from it when I use it.
For all the reasons listed already, any FoV slider would only offer the option to reduce your FoV, not increase it.
There'd be absolutely no reason to lower your FOV, as DBD already has a smaller than normal first person FOV-- which causes motion sickness and also allows survivors to do things that really make absolutely no sense.
So a FoV slider would be pointless.
Increasing the FOV would help with motion sickness. Some people (including me, yes) need to run Shadowborn on (some killers more than others) to help with that and the eye strain.
This also helps console killers be able to keep up with trackability after hitting survivors because of their reduced frame rate.
Any FoV increase would be a killer buff though. Maybe rounding it up to 90 degrees would work. But again, it would still make any FoV slider pointless, because whatever upper limit there is, will be the default for everyone anyway.
I dont really think it would be a big of a buff as some people say, it would only affect certain jukes (crouching in a corner and running inside the killer) that are already last resort because of their ineffectiveness anyway.
Also, while patrolling, I personally don't remember a single time where I saw a survivor in the corner of the screen so i dont think it would be strong in that area either.
What I do know is, like i said in other comment, that this would make the game FEEL better for literally every killer player in the game, while affecting negatively almost nothing to the survivor side. This is, then, a literal no brainer, QoL feature that they should have added years ago but BHVR being BHVR made it worth a perk slot instead. It's like if they added a perk for the colorblind feature instead making it an option. Yes, some people do use them to "see" scratch marks or auras better but some people legit needed it. It's the same with shadowborn.
I don’t see the problem here.
You don't see a problem in creating an entirely new feature that will never be used?
Not really, no. You saying that it will "never be used" is blatantly untrue considering I've heard people saying they don't like using Shadowborn or Monitor for various reasons, including that it gives the illusion of them being faster than they actually are, or doesn't look great on their screens.
This is not a good argument. The only alternative would be me just saying to increase the base FOV for all killers without the option, but that would be inconsiderate of the people I've mentioned above.