The matchmaking in this game needs to be fixed.

I’m relatively new to this game, especially to being a killer, as I normally play as a survivor. I just bought the Spirit expansion pack, so I thought I’d play a game with her. This is who I went against. I couldn’t do anything, I just kept getting stunned and blinded. I just don’t get how this is fair.

CC745FFA-C9E4-4819-80FC-14FDDBBD3E88.jpeg


Comments

  • Play a few more games and the MMR should equal out.....what I suggest is farm BP on your survivor that your best with and use them to raise your killers up

  • It's not fair, BHVR is incapable of making a functional match making system.

  • i seem to agree with you as i'm bronze level 3 and i am put in high mmr matches and i am also low/unskilled i don't think its set up correctly cause for new players being put into matches with high mmr levels at a red level something is wrong with this setting.

  • @VikingDragonXii said:

    Play a few more games and the MMR should equal out.....what I suggest is farm BP on your survivor that your best with and use them to raise your killers up

    i have been playing several matches in this game and i'm not matched correctly. still in higher difficulty levels and mmr is below still low so wth

  • It took them over two years to give us the current system of escape = MMR goes up, Die = MMR goes down.

    So all I have to say is, don’t hold your breath.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    It took them over two years to give us the current system of escape = MMR goes up, Die = MMR goes down.

    So all I have to say is, don’t hold your breath.

    no it uses the secret number off.. oh yea.

  • Game is five year old with a dedicated fan base. You wouldn't be able to find any beginner every match now the player population isn't that high to afford that. Maybe they could but you would have long queue since it's gonna have to wait for beginners to be at the right time and in your region.

  • This is why i do not recommend dbd to any of my friends. MM does not exist. Its prioritizes que times above all else.

  • @Myla said:

    Game is five year old with a dedicated fan base. You wouldn't be able to find any beginner every match now the player population isn't that high to afford that. Maybe they could but you would have long queue since it's gonna have to wait for beginners to be at the right time and in your region.

    Hmm yeah but there’s a big difference between a complete beginner and 3 red ranks.

  • Just for reference

    • Are you playing at a peak time or on an off-hour? If it’s an off-hour matchmaking is going to mostly be putting you against whoever is online at the time rather than make you wait forever for a perfect match.
    • When you first start out your rating is in the middle. Losing badly does push it down though, so if you got stomped keep trying, you will get better at the game and the opponents you face will also tend to be lower rated.
    • You do technically have different matchmaking ratings for each killer. So if you played a different killer and did well, then played Spirit and did worse, your Spirit rating will be lower than the other killer.
  • @dugman said:

    Just for reference

    • Are you playing at a peak time or on an off-hour? If it’s an off-hour matchmaking is going to mostly be putting you against whoever is online at the time rather than make you wait forever for a perfect match.
    • When you first start out your rating is in the middle. Losing badly does push it down though, so if you got stomped keep trying, you will get better at the game and the opponents you face will also tend to be lower rated.
    • You do technically have different matchmaking ratings for each killer. So if you played a different killer and did well, then played Spirit and did worse, your Spirit rating will be lower than the other killer.

    Thank you for explaining so well, I really appreciate it. I’m not sure what is considered peak time, as I’m guessing it’s around afternoon in the US, and I’m from The Netherlands. I will keep trying though, so thank you for the boost :)