High MMR vs Red Ranks True Issue
So now i can clearly say, in order to make it as short as possible:
The real issue I face as a killer: every game in high MMR is a copy paste of the last game.
In red ranks of the old system, you could have an easy game cause many survivors were boosted. a medium game, if some of them were decent and some good and a hard/impossible game when all the survivors are good/SWF.
Now high MMR looks like this to me:
Every match I load into is against 4 people who join together. EVERY match. It's like the chances of me getting the poor solo queue guys(who can also win if all 4 can play the game) is very slim to nonexisent.
Then every game works like this, I get a down or 2 after a decent time. I lose 2-3 gens for it. now i need to decide if I wanna lose by hooking 2 new survivors or try to get at least 1 kill by going for one of the survivors I've hooked.
Splitting gens and doing them asap is present in every high MMR game and basically every game feels like the one before it. nothing special happens. that's boring.
Comments
So u want to stomp noobs instead of playing against players of your level? Wow, I'm not impressed.
No. I want to have variety.
Fine, this game isn't balanced so u can't beat a strong SWF. but at least I can chill before I go to the next sweaty game that i can't win without being a good nurse or blight or without tunneling.
It's not about stomping, It's about having variety of games that can go in different ways. now every game's pace is the same as the one before that you actually ask yourself - why do i need to hook all of the survivors one by one? It's dumb.
I was a rank 5/6 killer before. I nearly always faced red rank SWFs, now I don't.
I guess I was the noob who was constantly being stomped by them, while you got to slaughter my survivor rank counterparts.
MMR is more fair now, the issue is the game balance at the far ends of the spectrum. It always was, but it was masked by flawed matchmaking.
Your beef is not with MMR, it's with game balance in general. That's what you should be complaining about.
In the highest MMR , every one can and should be able to play.
Which means survivors are doing gens. Especially if in a swf.
But, as a solo q gamer, I can verify that this is not the norm. I love when I get great teammates, but I feel that is about 40% of my games.
U know the recipe. Don't kill survivors and u will fall in MMR and chill as much as u want. Like make goal - 1 game u go for win, 2nd one u let everyone escape. It will freeze your MMR and u won't meet SWF every single game.
This is so true. My survivor games have become super stale. If you put a team of 4 against a team of 1 will equal skill past a certain threshold, even if you give the team of 1 an advantage, the team of 4 is still going to win.
Killers capitalize off mistakes, high MMR survivors rarely make mistakes.