Can the Left For Dead achievement be changed?

Since the End Game Collapse was introduced to the game, it has been nearly impossible to get this achievement.

Opening the exit gate isn't really a problem, it's repairing the last gen that's the difficult part. You could be repairing the last gen and the killer could close the hatch, preventing you from finishing said gen.

I don't know, this achievement just seems unnecessarily hard to get.

Comments

  • It's insanely difficult. I'd like to see the stats of how many people have gotten it since the EGC was created, because around 8% of players have the perk, but I get the impression that's largely old data. I have 1700 hours in the game (granted, a lot of that is on killer, but I still play quite a bit of survivor) and I have had three opportunities where I could have possibly gotten this achievement. In all of them I died before the gate was open. But still, that's three games out of over a thousand where I would have had a chance at unlocking this. The stars have to align in every way. You can't plan for it unless you sandbag the crap out of your teammates, and even then, the odds of you being able to repair that final gen, but nobody else doing it, is incredibly tricky. You pretty much have to 99 a gen and then wait for a teammate to die in order to avoid the inevitable hatch close that locks off the gen completely. Hell, the associated perk with this achievement doesn't even aid you in getting the achievement anymore.

    Unfortunately, I don't think they'll change achievements unless they're literally impossible. See Huntress and her 100 long-distance hatchet downs on console. This achievement is ill-fitting and promotes a pretty horrible gameplay style to seriously attempt for it, but it is technically doable.

  • Sadly it won't achievement policy's only allow changes if it's impossible to obtain

    Left for dead is just extremely hard