Bubba’s blackface cosmetic needs to be removed

And the typical BS counter argument holds ZERO weight. The problem is not Bubba wearing a black person’s skin, it’s the fact that this cosmetic is used 10x more than the Meg/Jake/Dwight ones purely for the fact that it’s black.

This is racist, because players are specifically using it above the others and targeting people playing the black characters. As well as using it as a revenge for Claudette being ‘stealthy’, even though Nea is just as good, if not better now at being immersed with cosmetics. Yet you don’t see people saying Nea is blending. It’s all racial stereotypes.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @thefallenloser said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/291340/bubba-s-blackface-cosmetic-needs-to-be-removed

    Do you have proof that people are targeting?

    Even if Bubba players were "targeting the black characters," him wearing Claudette's skin as a mask is not blackface.

    There's a clip of someone wearing the mask facecamping a streamer then saying in the post game chat

    "I don't like..." you can guess the rest. It's on someone's twitter by the name of 'thesistakaren' you can look it up, I'm sure you'll find it

    imo I feel like removing the mask isn't going to stop people from doing what they did. The only thing that will is them being reported & banned but BHVR's notoriously slow when it comes to banning people, look at the cheaters.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2607532#Comment_2607532

    There's a clip of someone wearing the mask facecamping a streamer then saying in the post game chat

    "I don't like..." you can guess the rest. It's on someone's twitter by the name of 'thesistakaren' you can look it up, I'm sure you'll find it

    imo I feel like removing the mask isn't going to stop people from doing what they did. The only thing that will is them being reported & banned but BHVR's notoriously slow when it comes to banning people, look at the cheaters.

    Thx for the clip.

    I agree too. Removing the cosmetic won't do anything, it's not the issue here-- and it shouldn't be to begin with. Some racist idiots are taking advantage of BHVR's ######### reporting system and getting away with it.

  • @RemoveBubbaBlack said:

    And the typical BS counter argument holds ZERO weight. The problem is not Bubba wearing a black person’s skin, it’s the fact that this cosmetic is used 10x more than the Meg/Jake/Dwight ones purely for the fact that it’s black.

    This is racist, because players are specifically using it above the others and targeting people playing the black characters. As well as using it as a revenge for Claudette being ‘stealthy’, even though Nea is just as good, if not better now at being immersed with cosmetics. Yet you don’t see people saying Nea is blending. It’s all racial stereotypes.

    I use it because it's referred to as smartface. I never really considered it being a racial thing.

    If it's racist to wear claudettes face, then isn't it racist to wear any face? Isn't your argument racist, to begin with? I mean, you're putting in this racist context to which it's never belonged.

  • @Inspire said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2605422#Comment_2605422

    Racist keep racism alive. Not the people conversing about it.

    That's not entirely true. By talking about it, you reinforce the differences between race. If we spent a lot of time talking about other differences, like I don't know, hair color, eventually people would develop a prejudice toward certain hair colors. Because, inevitably when you talk about differences in this way, people choose sides. It's one of the reasons fixating on racism can be counter-productive.

    I mean, often times I have people tell me I'm racist when I say this, but I've always been a person to stand up for people when other's won't, and push people to give eachother equitable treatment. But, this is all becoming problematic because we allow just about anyone to say "I can perceive that as racist, therefore it is!". So, we should keep talking about it, but we need to temper our reactions to people claiming things are racist, because sometimes it has nothing to do with race.

1 2 3 4 ›