How to get out of low MMR?
I have been stuck in lower MMR for a while now and I cant get out. If the killer finds me first I typically loop them for 3-4 gens until im hooked and face camped. If the killer doesnt find me first my teammates go down in less than 10 seconds every time and then everyone but me is on death hook or dead before 2 gens are done. With the key changes (I think they're good but in this one instance they're causing me to be stuck) I cant even wait for hatch. I'm currently at 43 loses in a row for solo queue because this exact thing happens over and over and I cant figure out how to solve it. Does anyone have any tips?
Comments
Play swf.
The devs hate solo survivors.
if escape is the only metric to increasing sbmm then the answer is play selfish.
Stealth out let others be chased and try and hit gens up. Don’t save others just focus on gens and leave the second you can. It’ll be no blood points but you get more escapes.
once you’re out of the dumps and have more competent teammates then you can engage in the game more.
Just focus on escaping and forget about altruism until you get teammates that put some effort.
I noticed sbmm gets weird at 10pm-2am eu so I don't play survivor at that time. If the lobby times are longer you will end up in weird matches.
My advice is bring medkits (I personally rarely used "instas" but you can) and less team oriented perks that increase your survivability (ub, ds, dh, maybe even deliverance, iw etc). Hatch doesn't change mmr (I think) so I would try gates when you can. Depending on the killer and spawns you can 30% it then escape.
When you reach a point where your teammates are decent, you can be more altruistic again but don't expect everyone else to be and end up on a losing streak that will bring you down again.
Be a martyr from time to time if you like that but compensate by being more selfish in the next game.
These two nailed it. Avoid hatch unless you have no choice. It’s considered a draw and doesn’t raise your MMR. If you plan your game around hatch, you are failing at your goal and are just wasting your time. At best, use it as a means to prevent your MMR from dropping back down.Only go for safe unhooks that buy you more time. If you have too many gens left and it’s safe for you to unhook, do so. If you’re on the last gen safely away from killer, and someone is on their first hook. F&%k em. Especially if the exit gate is right by that gen you’re on. Finish the gen, open the gate, then leave. Also, 99ing a gen is no longer in your vocabulary. Open the exit gates every time and just leave. Never look back lol.
Low MMR is hell. I know your pain.
Lots of useful advices are given above, so there's not much I can add but I'll say equipping one or two gen-speed booster perks might help, too. You can try Prove Thyself & Bond for faster repair speed. Resilience & Spine Chill is another great combination to go for: they visibly boost the vaulting speed as well so you can benefit from them in chase too.
Low MMR is hell. I know your pain.
This. If there's one thing I learned from being in low MMR, it's the fact that going against sweaty 5000 hour 10 blink Nurse in Autohaven is a much more pleasant experience than playing with 3 teammates who don't know what they are doing. Best of luck, OP.
A tip I found for the case where you are the last survivor, ignore the hatch as it doesn't affect your MMR.
You want to get as close as you stealthily can to one of the doors, wait for them to check it and walk away.
If you walk up to the switch and hold the bar for about a second, until the progress bar is just around the 'N' in 'Open' and then let go and the first light should not have come on.
Then walk somewhere they wont see you when they come back to check the exit again, and as soon as they head away to the other again get on the switch.
That's probably your best chance in that situation and you just have to hope there's enough distance between the doors to have time.
It's worked for me often so I hope it works for you too :)
Escape when you can, not when you want.