As a Survivor I think boon totem is broken af.

Been playing Survivor the entire day and got teammates who had this perk and it's really strong. You can see where it placed pretty much signaling where every survivor should go to reset on their own and I always had full value on that perk and healed myself multiple times in a match whenever it's placed. I could just go harass a generator, get a hit then maybe discourage the killer from further chasing because I'm bringing him into a side of the map nowhere near generators he should be protecting. Leaves me alone and I do a reset again and do it all over again.

Just the fact that you can reset on your own is alarming. It destroy any pressure a killer has. Now you might argue that Survivor can heal perfectly fine without it but you're not. Just the fact that a survivor has to wait for someone or find them on their own to do a reset buys the killer time. That's two people wasting their time not doing a generator and that's not even mentioning the time they wasted traveling to get to each other and whatnot.

I have no idea about Shadowstep though I reckon playing a killer would make me see it's effect better and probably a menace on indoors map.

Comments

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2603027#Comment_2603027

    Again, 3 with no perk involvement.

    Killers can easily snuff them, I've watched them do it alot. So yes, it can be a significant time sink.

    What snuff? Snuff the boon totem on a side of the map with no generators? You're throwing the game by doing this on a game notorious for virtually having no early game and the actual game starts at potentially 2-4 generators depending on your rng then the killer tries to take the last generator hostage until he possibly wins. There is no downside to this perk. Cool one guy wasted like 20 seconds blessing a totem what a tragedy on a team with 4 people in it now they have infinite heals the entire the match unless the killer does something about it. Oh wait he can't.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2603027#Comment_2603027

    Again, 3 with no perk involvement.

    Killers can easily snuff them, I've watched them do it alot. So yes, it can be a significant time sink.

    time sink to the killer? yes...

    to the survivors? no, unlike killer they can afford it.

    If it is easy to snuff it for a killer, then you are just using wrong spawn...

  • @Marcavecunc said:

    Agree/disagree

    People play them a lot because they're new.

    Once that dies down they won't be that popular.. people will go back to their old meta perks.. heck they're already not as popular as they were. and they've been out for a week.

    One thing that makes them less OP is the fact it takes ages to set up, and the killer can undo it in half a second.

    I find them annoying when playing either side, honestly.. For my type of gameplay, I think Shadow Step is worse.. I don't care if they can self care in that corner, as long as I can still see scratchmarks and auras.

    They are not type of perk you want to stack. CoH should be max 2 used.

    16 seconds of 1 survivor isn't much. You can get snowball a lot whenever someone heals because of it.

    Killer has to leave gens or lose chase for it and he just can't afford it against decent survivors.

  • balacing the boons isnt that hard.

    Give a limited amount of charges per run 4 per boon per person its more than enought for a full trial.

    Cooldown can be managed in two ways, one at the moment of blessing the totem OR the moment its snuffed out.

    First one depending on rarity could be around 90/80/70 seconds meaning that if the killer its lucky it wont have to deal with another one for a bit, making them be a tactical desicion and not just a free thing to use without consequences.

    The second one could be something around 50/40/30.

    One easy fix would be to allow killers to destroy the totem, that would make it so survivors have to be smart about where they place them or risk loosing them.

    Aditionally shadow step needs a hard nerf on what it can do, it should be separated in two diferent boons, one for scratch marks and another one for aura reading perks, its just ridiculous that it pretty much makes killers virtually blind.

1 2 ›