Cheater Epidemic

I put in about seven games of DBD tonight and four of them I encountered cheaters. They weren't hiding it very well teleporting and using insane speed boosts. I couldn't record it either so I don't have their names or anything. Over half the games I put in has a blatant cheater either a survivor on my team or it's the killer.

Comments

  • That is the life of a high mmr player now...

  • Only going to get worse, since they flaunt it on streams and still nothing gets done about it. This is the new reality of DbD.

  • Hack by Daylight

  • The problem right now is that the anti-cheat is useless and is easy to bypass. The only way to get hackers banned is by providing video evidence, the in-game report function does not help at all.

    However, there are so many players who use "stealth" hacks, meaning they use 5% speed hacks, toggle Aura reading on and off etc. There is no way to prove or detect this with video evidence. I honestly feel like I've played against a lot of hackers, but they are very subtle about it and i probably didn't even notice.

    If you are in Europe and turn cross-play off, you are almost guaranteed to encounter hackers in my experience. I used to hate crossplay, but now I can't bear to turn it off.