A small QOL regarding totems & future tomes
Hey there
I'm making this a short thread to make a suggestion to whoever makes the tome challenges: Please in future tomes, if there are challenges surrounding cleansing totems could you make it "Cleanse/Bless X amount of totems?" as a small QOL to people running boon perks?
I understand this is a really small request but I imagine it would go a long way for helping reduce frustration that may be caused by having people needing to cleanse totems but not wanting to inconvenience their teammates by doing so.
challenges shouldn't obviously be gatekept behind DLC/Perks, that's why I think it should be an either/or instead of purely one or the other.
Comments
Sounds fair.
Fine by me, but FYI several Rift challenges are behind DLC content. There’s one in the Midnight Grove Rift for blessing two totems in one trial.
Ah yeah
I more so meant the generic challenges that you need to do in order to proceed through the page
To be fair, I feel like survivor tomes should include more team based tasks rather than solo tasks. If you have to cleanse 20 totems, that could be a task that's completed anywhere between 4 and 40 games. But if 20 totems have to be cleansed while you are in the trial, suddenly that's a task that's between 4 and 8 games. Same with finishing gens(finishing 3 gens in 1 trial has been a tome challenge before, which can be anywhere between 1 and 100 games).
Survivors already have a harder time collecting BP, survivor daily challenges are rarer than killer ones, so why are survivor tome challenges also harder than 99% of the killer tome challenges?
As for challenges being gatekept behind DLC/perks, I mean, that's completely fine. You're able to recieve plenty of rift fragments to complete the entire rift. Heck, I am already at rift level 16 and I have barely done any challenges due to real life halloween events only allowing me to play with friends(who arent exactly good players, so some challenges are harder if not impossible to do as I pretty much am constantly in chase or having to do gens) and that is with the tome being live for 8 days(if not less). Considering I have 68 days left and 3.5+ pages remaining, its easy to claim I would be done with the rift within the next 30 days. Meaning the bloodpoints that would be kept behind DLC or perks would be actually quite nice to keep there, meaning if you ever do unlock that dlc, you have a nice backlog of BP you can unlock to boost the leveling of those characters.