A solution to change Survivors from 99ing the Doors
Change Bloodwarden to activate instantly the moment they open the doors. The survivors cannot wait and hold the game as long as possible so that everyone escapes. WIth this change, survivors are forced to open the doors and wait 1 minute to escape. I guess the downside would be that killers won't get that satisfying gameplay of waiting out the timer, hooking someone, and have survivors die to EGC, and I agree, as fun as that is, this change can give killers an actual second chance perk, and it will help counter 99ing doors and punish them for it if they're trying to get everyone to escape. I don't think this would be op.
But one question, wasn't this a thing when Freddy was first introduced to the game?
Comments
If you don't want them to 99 the doors, open it yourself. Problem solved.
Any added "solution" would just cause survivors to open the door and leave to avoid BW or any other mishaps.
Also, no to your suggestion. BW should not be basekit.
Or just make the door regress
Also no, thats never how BW worked
I didn't say Bloodwarden should be basekit, that's ridiculous, and killers opening the gates themselves just means survivors can just exit for free. Sure the killer can force the EGC by opening the gates, but then the survivors just get out scott free. If I'm suggesting Bloowarden to be activated the moment survivors open the gates, then maybe there can be some tweaks and changes to the perk, idk.
door regression is never gonna happen.
Oh, yeah I guess that's true lol.
A simple way to make gate 99 to be risky is having startup animation. Every single thing survivors have 2sec of startup animation, the progress only be made after it.
Want to open a 99 gate? 2sec.
Want to tab Gen? 2sec.
I think that would be a good buff to Bloodwarden.
Right now to counterplay bloodwarden you 99% the gates untill you're sure everybody left will make it out. Which is what survivors would do even if Bloodwarden didn't excist.
If the counterplay to a perk is just doing what you would do anyway then something isn't right. It requires a bit too manny hoops to jump through now.
I would also add a token system though. Like 4 tokens that each add 15 seconds of gate blocking that you get from doing a certain action. Kinda like no way out.
Just to prevent campers to get full value out of the perk everytime
If you run the BLOOWDWARDEN perk it SHOULD work without HOOKING a Survivor and FREDDY should let out a GLOBAL LAUGH. You opened the gate Get Good.
A better soloution would be just to have the egc start when a player enters the exit gates area , not on gates being opened all the way
99% of suggestions said by the community is never gonna happen, I'm just adding to the pile