How to balance H:NoED

Reveal its aura to survivors once the perk has downed a survivor and the survivor are exposed by it.

Then the killer has to decide:

  • Defend the hook
  • Defend the totem
  • or Defend the gate(s)

Right now, on maps like The Game, the killer doesn't have to worry about defening the totem. They hook in the middle of the map, guard both gates, and the survivors scramble helplessly to find the totem. The killer get 1 or 2 hooks throughout the match cuz bad and then 3k at the end cuz carried

Comments

  • NOED's balanced rn, especially with boons capable of blocking it as well as making totems more looked for.

  • Maybe just learn totem spawns? The game is not really hard to find them, you have several guaranteed spawns. Raccoon City is hell tho.

    But yeah, I guess it's easier to be lazy and complain on forum...

  • Noed should be balanced by making it only work after all gens done. So killer should play with -1 perk slot before end game. And it should be a hex, so survivors could get rid of it.

    Oh wait...

  • Complaining about NOED when boon totems exist seems almost poetic to me

  • I think noed is fine and any change to it would be bad.

  • @R1ch4rd_N1x0n said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2594689#Comment_2594689

    Coming from someone who stops NOED almost every game by cleansing Totems, NOED is only really "OP" against solo q. It's trash against SWF.

    That's the real issue is how powerful it is vs solo q, as they can't coordinate with eachother how many Totems have been broken and whether or not NOED might activate.

    When I play with my squad, it's usually not good idea to cleanse totems. You risk that you will not find 5th totem, because it's on some god forbidden place.

    We usually just learn as many spawns as possible during game, so we know where to look, if killer has NOED, so he basically gets only 1 down for it, or 0 when we cleanse it before he gets hit.

    But yeah, that's not something soloQ will do, but that's more issue of soloQ, not NOED. There is lot of things really good vs soloQ, but trash vs SWF.

  • Does noed is still a thing?


    You can easily see when killer relies on noed - playing like shiet whole match so you gotta look for a totem.


    Another thing is boon totems which are very much used recently so its way harder to keep Hex perks longer than 1-2min during the match

  • @R1ch4rd_N1x0n said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2594776#Comment_2594776

    I use Detective's Hunch to find the Totems, it's not hard at all. The biggest issue is the time waste that comes with me being the only one who actually cleanses them. When my team helps me, it's a piece of cake.

    I prefer to prevent it's activation entirely instead of cleansing it after it activates, as that one insta-down can turn the game around entirely.

    Most people make no effort to stop NOED at all, it seems only I care about it.

    Oh yeah, detective's hunch is really good. You don't really need to be only one to cleanse them as SWF, just tell them where they are.

    I have used it a lot, but I know most spawns now, so I don't really need it.

  • @R1ch4rd_N1x0n said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2594811#Comment_2594811

    I know most spawns as well however they are very difficult to find on indoor maps, which is why I used Detective's Hunch just in case. Often, with that perk, I'll see a Totem and tell someone on my team to get it for me. Even them just cleansing 1 or 2 Totems for me helps immensely.

    Only map I just can't is Raccoon city. That sucks a lot.

    Other than that, I don't really have an issue. You have only two possible layouts which changes based on map, either pentagram, or square with middle totem, so when you find 1 you can guess where is rest. There is also lot of guaranteed spawns, which I don't understand how can be a thing.

    Midwitch can be tricky too, but there is not that many options there.