No Scratch Marks, No Aura, no Med kit? No problem!

Shadow Step = Can't See scratch marks nor Auras

Circle of healing = Heal at 100% without a medkit.

There can be 4 a match. When the killer stomps them out, if they find it, they can be re-enabled where a hex just goes away ( except if you have undying then undying is broken first).

This is OP in every way. Every aura reading perk a killer has is x'd out if you are in one of these boons range. Every scratch mark to show where you are running is gone. If you get injured run into a boon area, lose the killer or have one person body block while a survivor with a medkit and based on other perks could heal you up to 200% faster, or possibly faster, I have not tested each scenario but I think you get my drift.

I have lived through all of the other perks survivors have and really haven't complained. I have always said if its in the game, use it. BT, DS, Dead hard, they are all fine IMO. These two totems, especially when used in tandem, when a totem gives you CoH and SS. Man..... seriously. How did this get by Alpha and beta testing? How did this get out of the decision room meeting where someone said "hey lets do something like this" and everyone else looked around and were like "yeah, that's a great idea" Behavior, honestly, what in the world are you thinking? It's not like you can take this back either, it's over. People paid money to buy the new character. The game is toast.

Comments

  • @drpynz said:

    When the game first came out, scratch marks were an integral part of the base game. The game is literally built around part of this. People have stated other perks offer the same thing and that is true. Lucky break offers it, but it's one time and for one survivor. This perk benefits every survivor. Also, the argument people have that it takes 14 seconds to boon a totem and how much time that wastes the survivor when they could be doing a gen. What about the number of people who lose the killer when they are injured and dodge a hook, the survivors that run to that area and heal themselves while others are on gens. You have to fill out the whole equation to get the result the boon totems are very strong. They are too strong. There isn't an argument that can be made the way they are implemented today that can suggest otherwise.

    People suggesting good killers don't need scratch marks is bull. When a killer loses a line of sight how do they find out the general direction of the survivor? Remember, the base game was built around this concept. The best killers can't read survivors' minds 100% of the time. They look at crows, scratch marks and grass, and a general whereabouts the survivor may have gone. Not being able to see aura's and scratch marks is so game-breaking. I don't know if people that are supporting it saying it's not strong or git good are being disingenuous or baiting, its objectively game-breaking.

    Great points

  • I made a thread about using Bloodhound to counter Shadow Step (And to a certain degree, CoH as well).

    It looks like it got buried but I'll just mention it here and anywhere else I see people upset over Shadow Step. With Bloodhound, an injured survivor literally cannot hide from you unless they happen to have Lucky Break that is but that's not very common. You can pair this with Sloppy Butcher if you want to make them bleed even more frequently as well as reduce the healing from CoH by, -25% I personally don't use Sloppy with it though.

    Alternatively you can use perks and add-ons that insta down / apply Exposed or Broken so that they can't heal. Killers complaining about survivors taking protection hits and then healing nigh instantly.. Use Forced Penance?

    I've been experimenting lately with things to directly counter CoH and SS and I always get value from doing so since people bring both boons every single match.


    Once you figure out how to play around the boons they become less powerful to survivors since it takes them time to bless and set them up. If I can track someone who thinks they are safe with Shadow Step and catch them, hook them then go snuff their totem they lose SO much there. Once they get unhooked they have to go relight it, that's time that they aren't on a gen, it makes them predictable and they are easy prey.


    If boons ever become something that can only be used once per trial nobody will use them and they will become useless perks guaranteed but I guess that's what killers want out of this.

  • @ukenicky said:

    I made a thread about using Bloodhound to counter Shadow Step (And to a certain degree, CoH as well).

    It looks like it got buried but I'll just mention it here and anywhere else I see people upset over Shadow Step. With Bloodhound, an injured survivor literally cannot hide from you unless they happen to have Lucky Break that is but that's not very common. You can pair this with Sloppy Butcher if you want to make them bleed even more frequently as well as reduce the healing from CoH by, -25% I personally don't use Sloppy with it though.

    Alternatively you can use perks and add-ons that insta down / apply Exposed or Broken so that they can't heal. Killers complaining about survivors taking protection hits and then healing nigh instantly.. Use Forced Penance?

    I've been experimenting lately with things to directly counter CoH and SS and I always get value from doing so since people bring both boons every single match.

    Once you figure out how to play around the boons they become less powerful to survivors since it takes them time to bless and set them up. If I can track someone who thinks they are safe with Shadow Step and catch them, hook them then go snuff their totem they lose SO much there. Once they get unhooked they have to go relight it, that's time that they aren't on a gen, it makes them predictable and they are easy prey.

    If boons ever become something that can only be used once per trial nobody will use them and they will become useless perks guaranteed but I guess that's what killers want out of this.

    Yes, I want the perks completely gone from the game unless they only affect the survivor that blessed the totem and or once it's stomped out the totem is destroyed, just like a hex. That is exactly what I want.

  • @Leatherface1990 said:

    THRILL OF THE HUNT = PROBLEM SOLVED with a GENERIC/BASE KILLER PERK.

    Except they nerfed Thrill just before releasing this so there's no more notification. Odd timing, that.

  • @slendermansmoom said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2607508#Comment_2607508

    especially if they have the infinite terror radius build like i run every game

    plus whisperers

    Infinite terror radius? I have Doctor - what's the build please?

  • @Bardon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2599301#Comment_2599301

    Except they nerfed Thrill just before releasing this so there's no more notification. Odd timing, that.

    Agreed, why did they do that if not to make the totem game even more survivor sided? Survivors have perks that show them where the totems are, detectives hunch and open hand can let someone with a map run around after a gen is done and track every totem. Survivors have the opportunity to know where each totem is and now killers can't have a notification with thrill when someone is on a totem. What's the point of thrill now? Takes longer?

    I was playing survivor today and me and another survivor had CoH and SS against the Twins. It came down to one gen left and she had 3 gen'd us. I literally healed myself 20+ times getting that last gen. The twins player should have 4K's us 8-10 minutes into the match but got a 1K instead. I healed at least 20 times, get hit, run out and heal up. The other survivors did the same thing.

  • @Bardon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2607515#Comment_2607515

    Infinite terror radius? I have Doctor - what's the build please?

    it's not an infinite terror radius but it's close to one

    the build is distressing, agitation, monitor and abuse, and what ever terror radius perk you want. also you must run calm carters notes and calm class 2. the gae is the best map for it so bring the game offering

    the best moment to use static blast is in chase while near the middle

    if your near the middle on the game you are garinted to hit everyone unless they are in lockers of course

    it's very fun and gets challenges in his tomb done fast

    also if you see a lot of items bring overwhelming presence

  • @slendermansmoom said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2608190#Comment_2608190

    it's not an infinite terror radius but it's close to one

    the build is distressing, agitation, monitor and abuse, and what ever terror radius perk you want. also you must run calm carters notes and calm class 2. the gae is the best map for it so bring the game offering

    the best moment to use static blast is in chase while near the middle

    if your near the middle on the game you are garinted to hit everyone unless they are in lockers of course

    it's very fun and gets challenges in his tomb done fast

    also if you see a lot of items bring overwhelming presence

    Thanks! Much appreciated.

1 2 3 ›