Wraiths... Help me!
Ok, I'm a Pig. And I also play survivor about half the time. But I'm still going to ask for some advice. ![]()
The recent Wraith tweaks seem pretty fair, but my god am I struggling to adapt to playing against him as a survivor. If I had stats, I'm pretty sure I die most often, and most quickly, against Wraiths than any other killer.
Tell me your weaknesses!
How do I escape you, sneaky gits? Should I be 360ing, are you more vulnerable to looping, should I pegging it as soon as Spine Chill lights up etc. etc.?
Comments
Spine Chill. Will save your ass from Wraith and Freddy mostly. Of course, as a survivor you gotta 360 most of the time.
The thing is, Wraith has a little sprint with his reappearence. If he is smart enough he will cloak during chases so you can't really tell where he is at and counter your loop. Oh and try to heal yourself as soon as possible because he will track you down in a little amount of time. Also, a flashlight to stun him while invisible is the worst for him. Be gentle
So my advice is, prevent chases with Spine Chill and you won't suffer.
@Eight I don't usually play Wraith but I have a decent strategy. Since you main Meg this should be easy.
1st. Find the Wraith shimmer
2nd. Burn the Wraith with a flashlight
3rd Sprint Burst away.
Ideally, that should give you enough of a start to get to a pallet or gym, heck, maybe the Wraith will just give up. I'm afraid that's all I've got though.
Yeah, that's a bugger. Lol. Occasionally I run into great Wraith players, and I don't even mind getting smacked around by them. It's the crappy and average players I expect to do better with... but don't.
When I play Wraith, everyone escapes - so he's definitely not OP. Ha.
Will give that a whirl. Cheers mate. Normally I stealth around when Spine Chill hits, but not with Freddy and wasn't sure what approach to take against Bing.
Heh. Got a load of flashlights, time to git gud with 'em.
@Skarkio
Thank you very much, mate. I really appreciate how much time you spent on that reply and all the advice. GIven me a lot to think about.
Usually I feel like D/Cing when I find out the killer is a Wraith... but hopefully, I'll start to see it as an opportunity for practice now.
I love Spine Chill. With most killers I use it just to pull-off slick, stealthy loops around the gens etc. But usually with Wraith it goes:
Careful with this; as Wraith, if I can sneak up on a Survivor working the side of a gen, I can usually pin them in and bodyblock for a free hit.
^ This. Same.
Also, a good counter for Spine Chill might me Whispers. Watch out.
Well, Wraith is quite good in quickly making the first hit on the survivor (if they don't have SB), but he struggles around loops, especially ones with tall walls, where he can;t see survivors. So, his weaknesses are:
-looping
-SB
-flashlights if you encounter unexperienced Wraith
Avoid small loops, because he can gain a sprint burst and a temporary buff to his lunge.
Had a few games against Wraiths last night, and did MUCH better than usual. @chococri Didn't have to resort to burning the poor buggers, don't worry.
Thank you all for the tips. I really appreciate it and I think things are going to be ok.