Turn off this stupid chat filter
It doesn't do anything helpful and its not protecting anyone from harmful messages. It censors the weirdest and dumbest things. I typed " I knew he had that ######### but then he got two downs so I thought well maybe not." It completely ignores me saying ######### and censored downs. Why? It censors words like Youtube and kills. These are terms you could use in everyday end game chat to explain or just talk about things you saw or learned. This filter is dumb and I personally would much rather it just be gone its not doing anything. People that want to avoid any hate speech or racism, sexism, or general toxicity just turn the chat off anyway. Only thing the censor/filter does is make normal conversing harder to do
Comments
I would prefer an option to turn it off, best of both worlds that way
A toggle would be so nice. I don't care if someone says a bad word that BHVR doesn't want 3 year olds reading, I'd rather see what they said. And that's before considering that it filters half the english language for literally no reason.
The idea of a chat filter is solid, but this one overreaches. All it needs to do is censor curse words, slurs, and common variations of slurs that replace letters, there's no reason to go as far as this does.
I'm not even super sure why they made it the way they did, it seems like more work than doing it the more straightforward and effective way.
That'd be fine too
Now that I think about it maybe its because not all of their employees speak english so they translate things not as well as it could be and censor the weird not bad things