Open Handed buff

Have open handed increase the range of your boon totems by 4/6/8 meters.

This is going to replace the inevitable boon that increases boon distance, and buffs an underrated perk.

Comments

  • No 24 meters is plenty.

  • I just want Open Handed to do something by itself. It’s the one of the few perks in the game that doesn’t, and is an unhealthy design. Though admittedly I’ve had trouble coming up with what it could do myself.

    What if it revealed your aura to all other survivors within a 12/14/16 meter range? Keeping with the theme and utility of the perk.

    Edit: Streetwise and Built to Last won’t do anything without an item. So I guess they’re in the same bucket, although Open Handed specifically only works with aura reading items (and perks).

  • Open Handed increased Aura reading ranges, not AoE effects. I think Open Handed is great now.

    Think about it:

    Bond of 52m, Kindred of 32m, WoO of 48m, Detectives' Hunch with a whopping 80 meters!!!

    @GoshJosh said:

    I just want Open Handed to do something by itself. It’s the only perk in the game that doesn’t, and is an unhealthy design. Though admittedly I’ve had trouble coming up with what it could do myself.

    What if it revealed your aura to all other survivors within a 12/14/16 meter range? Keeping with the theme and utility of the perk.

    I disagree. I think this is VERY healthy design.

    Just like how Undying is designed to prolong other hexes, Open Handed is designed to increase the effectiveness of your other perks.

    And not even ONLY your perks, but of your whole team!!

  • @IWFreak said:

    Open Handed increased Aura reading ranges, not AoE effects. I think Open Handed is great now.

    Think about it:

    Bond of 52m, Kindred of 32m, WoO of 48m, Detectives' Hunch with a whopping 80 meters!!!

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2583543#Comment_2583543

    I disagree. I think this is VERY healthy design.

    Just like how Undying is designed to prolong other hexes, Open Handed is designed to increase the effectiveness of your other perks.

    And not even ONLY your perks, but of your whole team!!

    Even Undying has a secondary effect of revealing survivors close to dull totems, and compliments Blight’s other hex. Open Handed can literally do nothing for someone going for Adept Ace. Depends on other survivors bringing aura perks.

  • technically open handed does do something on its own by extending all aura ranges for everyone

    it majorly amps the power of aura keys/ganks knockout

    it's specific to two other particular things in-game but what can you expect from 'amplify other stuff: the perk'

    do you want to roll something like 'your aura is always visible to other survivors' into it, 'cause i wouldn't care if they left the aura range extension levels alone because open handed is great as is (if you don't combine it with kindred you're missing out on an obscene combination)

  • IMO the perk is fine as it is. The buff made it a lot better in solo queue and no longer requires friends to work efficiently. Bond is excellent with Open Handed.