What's your win & loss conditions?

So for me it goes like this

Win:

4k with Merciless Killer

4k with Ruthless Killer

4k with Brutal Killer


3k with Merciless Killer

3k with Ruthless Killer

3k with Brutal Killer

3k with Entity Displeased


Going even with survivor:

2k with Brutal Killer (or Ruthless if this is even a thing)


Lost

2k with Entity Displeased

1k with Brutal Killer

1k with Entity Displeased

4 escapes (0k) with Brutal Killer

4 escapes with Entity Displeased


If this game were to have tournaments th above is a good formula to use to distribute points in a system. What do you think? Do you agree with these conditions?

Comments

  • @PalletsAndHooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2589620#Comment_2589620

    Only 4k is a win. For bonus points, get 4k with 5 gens still remaining.

    3k is not even a draw. By letting a survivor escape, you let the survivors complete their gens, which is a loss for the killer in many ways. A draw would be 4k and they managed to get all five gens done or even open a gate.

    By letting one escape through the hatch, you weren't slugging near the end, which is another whole type of loss.

    People can try to pat themselves on the back for 3k or 2k, but since the game is do gens or die, any escapes means they completed their gens (or you didn't slug) and I scoff at the idea of both a killer and a survivor winning in the same trial.

    Whatever makes you feel like a winner, I guess.

    Delusions of grandure, delusions of grandure. You can have that line of thinking all you want. Your better off saying "for me" only a 4k is a win then i would respect that more but saying 3k is a draw in a general sense is straight wrong because you are wrong there. Nothing more to say after this..

  • Stacks and or fun. I don't mind if i dont have fun as long as i get my BBQ/WGLF stacks. But its a win in my book regardless of what happens in the match if i had fun.

  • @Edilibs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2589636#Comment_2589636

    Delusions of grandure, delusions of grandure. You can have that line of thinking all you want. Your better off saying "for me" only a 4k is a win then i would respect that more but saying 3k is a draw in a general sense is straight wrong because you are wrong there. Nothing more to say after this..

    3k being called a win is like a participation award being called a competitive reward.

  • @Edilibs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2582647#Comment_2582647

    What are you talking about? I MAIN KILLER LOL, #########! 2k is NOT A WIN for the final time, your being delusional. In your own world 2k is a win but in reality 2k is half of 4k and is thus a draw!!! 2K means you went even or drew even with them period! Im not replying to you after this because its pointless and dumb at this point...

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2582675#Comment_2582675

    Whatever man, to each his own..

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2582898#Comment_2582898

    What you think (that 4k is only a win) works in your own personal world/mind but is nor reality nor facts! 3k or 4k is a win and THATS FACTS! Your statement is an opinion based off your own win/loss conditions which i 100% dont agree with.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2583056#Comment_2583056

    Yeah but everyone is different. While i dont disagree with them on that you cant say that win conditions arent a thing anymore because there are draws and status etc (brutal, ruthless, merciless) if these things didnt matter at all they wouldnt be in the game.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2583070#Comment_2583070

    What? lol whatever, Killer is not horrible its just that the game is in survivors favor. If playing killer was a "lost" then every game would have 4 escapes... So moving along

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2583266#Comment_2583266

    There is a loss condition, its called 3 or 4 escapes! Call it ego but everyone has an ego and dont tell me we dont. If you live in this world you have an ego, if you play certain games you have a ego, theres nothing wrong with it/that its only a problem when you take your ego to put others down or make them feel bad in one way or another thus the egotistical people, egoist, toxic people, big ass ego's etc. Theres nothing wrong with setting wi/loss conditions for yourself because it just means you have expectations when you play and or are competitive!

    LOL you're special...there are no "FACTS" to win/loss condition in this game. The question is still a matter of opinion, and yours is just as "wrong" to others. Now, where's that ignore button?

  • @PalletsAndHooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2589898#Comment_2589898

    3k being called a win is like a participation award being called a competitive reward.

    It IS a win #########! .......smh ignorance!

    @MrOogieboogie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2589620#Comment_2589620

    LOL you're special...there are no "FACTS" to win/loss condition in this game. The question is still a matter of opinion, and yours is just as "wrong" to others. Now, where's that ignore button?

    Facts: 3k or 4k is a win!

    My opinion: 2K with a entity displeased is a loss

    See the difference!? Do you what you feel my friend!

  • @Phasmamain said:

    Win: 4 BBQ stacks

    Loss: Less than 4 BBQ stacks

    This is literally my own win condition lol.

  • Survivor: did I escape somehow?

    Killer: did I kill at least 2 survivors?

  • Killer:

    Win:

    4k

    3k, whether the gens were done or not.

    Tie or loss:

    2k, depending on how I personally feel I performed that game and how many hooks I got. Old key escapes I also generally didn’t consider a loss because keys were unfair.

    Loss:

    1k

    0k

    Survivor:

    Win:

    Escaping

    Dying but dying in such a way that I ensured someone else would escape (eg. late hook save but going down for it and the other survivor gets out)

    Dying but wasting a lot of the killer’s time and contributing significantly to the survival of teammates. If everyone else still dies I would consider it a loss.

    Loss:

    Dying in any way not mentioned above

    Dying because I could have escaped but died trying to save someone else, and I either didn’t save them or they were saved but didn’t make it out

  • @Edilibs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2582647#Comment_2582647

    What are you talking about? I MAIN KILLER LOL, #########! 2k is NOT A WIN for the final time, your being delusional. In your own world 2k is a win but in reality 2k is half of 4k and is thus a draw!!! 2K means you went even or drew even with them period! Im not replying to you after this because its pointless and dumb at this point...

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2582675#Comment_2582675

    Whatever man, to each his own..

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2582898#Comment_2582898

    What you think (that 4k is only a win) works in your own personal world/mind but is nor reality nor facts! 3k or 4k is a win and THATS FACTS! Your statement is an opinion based off your own win/loss conditions which i 100% dont agree with.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2583056#Comment_2583056

    Yeah but everyone is different. While i dont disagree with them on that you cant say that win conditions arent a thing anymore because there are draws and status etc (brutal, ruthless, merciless) if these things didnt matter at all they wouldnt be in the game.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2583070#Comment_2583070

    What? lol whatever, Killer is not horrible its just that the game is in survivors favor. If playing killer was a "lost" then every game would have 4 escapes... So moving along

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2583266#Comment_2583266

    There is a loss condition, its called 3 or 4 escapes! Call it ego but everyone has an ego and dont tell me we dont. If you live in this world you have an ego, if you play certain games you have a ego, theres nothing wrong with it/that its only a problem when you take your ego to put others down or make them feel bad in one way or another thus the egotistical people, egoist, toxic people, big ass ego's etc. Theres nothing wrong with setting wi/loss conditions for yourself because it just means you have expectations when you play and or are competitive!

    I didn't say they don't matter, they're just not win conditions. Maybe a personal goal for the player, but not a win is all.

    Before we didn't have one defined so everyone had their own. Now we do so that's the win condition.

    Like in a fighting game, the objective is to defeat the opponent. If you say "well my goal is to get them at least to half and pull of a 16 hit combo", that's great for you if you do, but that's not a "win condition" for the game.

    Honestly at the end of the day, go for whatever makes you happy. If you have fun just raking up blood points or w.e. and you don't care if you technically "lost" by doing so then do it.

  • A win for me use to be how many hooks I could get, I never really cared too much about kills other than killing the toxic douche bags.

    Hard to play for hooks these days though, sadly.

  • @MrPenguin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2589620#Comment_2589620

    I didn't say they don't matter, they're just not win conditions. Maybe a personal goal for the player, but not a win is all.

    Before we didn't have one defined so everyone had their own. Now we do so that's the win condition.

    Like in a fighting game, the objective is to defeat the opponent. If you say "well my goal is to get them at least to half and pull of a 16 hit combo", that's great for you if you do, but that's not a "win condition" for the game.

    Honestly at the end of the day, go for whatever makes you happy. If you have fun just raking up blood points or w.e. and you don't care if you technically "lost" by doing so then do it.

    I DO care and its personal! Im competitive so i dont want to lose at all. Your telling me that 2k is a win and im saying and will keep saying that its not, its a draw!

    @DorkianBae said:

    A win for me use to be how many hooks I could get, I never really cared too much about kills other than killing the toxic douche bags.

    Hard to play for hooks these days though, sadly.

    Its really not. You should be getting at least 2 kills on average if your good at the game or 2-3 on average if your really good. I want alot of hooks, as a matter of fact i want 12 hooks a game which is a perfect game! Thats me, im super competitive!

  • @Edilibs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2593193#Comment_2593193

    I DO care and its personal! Im competitive so i dont want to lose at all. Your telling me that 2k is a win and im saying and will keep saying that its not, its a draw!

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2593239#Comment_2593239

    Its really not. You should be getting at least 2 kills on average if your good at the game or 2-3 on average if your really good. I want alot of hooks, as a matter of fact i want 12 hooks a game which is a perfect game! Thats me, im super competitive!

    A 2K is a draw, I never said it was a win. I specifically said it was 3+ for it to be considered a win.

  • Survivors fail at altruism and let teammates die.

    I'm dead

  • @Edilibs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2593193#Comment_2593193

    I DO care and its personal! Im competitive so i dont want to lose at all. Your telling me that 2k is a win and im saying and will keep saying that its not, its a draw!

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2593239#Comment_2593239

    Its really not. You should be getting at least 2 kills on average if your good at the game or 2-3 on average if your really good. I want alot of hooks, as a matter of fact i want 12 hooks a game which is a perfect game! Thats me, im super competitive!

    If you play for only hooks in a high MMR game you are going to have a bad time unless you are playing Nurse or something high tier, even they can struggle if the team is strong enough.

    I use to play for hooks, the game doesn't allow that now so I play to slug and make people bleed out on the ground now :D

  • @Edilibs said:

    So for me it goes like this

    Win:

    4k with Merciless Killer

    4k with Ruthless Killer

    4k with Brutal Killer

    3k with Merciless Killer

    3k with Ruthless Killer

    3k with Brutal Killer

    3k with Entity Displeased

    Going even with survivor:

    2k with Brutal Killer (or Ruthless if this is even a thing)

    Lost

    2k with Entity Displeased

    1k with Brutal Killer

    1k with Entity Displeased

    4 escapes (0k) with Brutal Killer

    4 escapes with Entity Displeased

    If this game were to have tournaments th above is a good formula to use to distribute points in a system. What do you think? Do you agree with these conditions?

    Killer side? A win is challenge progress. Playing that side without a challenge is already a loss to me, regardless of the outcome.

    Survivor: escape is a win. Sacrifice to get someone else out is a win. Stunning and blinding the killer to the point that I'm being camped is also a win.

  • A win for me is:

    • If I had fun.
    • If I have 4 BBQ stacks from a boring game.
    • If I get my teammates out from a boring game.
  • @Edilibs said:

    So for me it goes like this

    Win:

    4k with Merciless Killer

    4k with Ruthless Killer

    4k with Brutal Killer

    3k with Merciless Killer

    3k with Ruthless Killer

    3k with Brutal Killer

    3k with Entity Displeased

    Going even with survivor:

    2k with Brutal Killer (or Ruthless if this is even a thing)

    Lost

    2k with Entity Displeased

    1k with Brutal Killer

    1k with Entity Displeased

    4 escapes (0k) with Brutal Killer

    4 escapes with Entity Displeased

    If this game were to have tournaments th above is a good formula to use to distribute points in a system. What do you think? Do you agree with these conditions?

    This game does have tournaments and the killers are lucky to get a 1k to 2k half the time.

    If you are competitive, you don't want to play in a tourney... It just shows you have survivor sided the game is.

  • Honestly 2k is win ish 3+ is a win, though if players weren't as toxic and were at least decent in endgame chat and didn't decide to teabag because they're so good at the game I'd consider all games a win.

    as a survivor simply having a good time and not getting camped is a good time.

  • @Kira4Evr said:

    A win for me is:

    • If I had fun.
    • If I have 4 BBQ stacks from a boring game.
    • If I get my teammates out from a boring game.

    Same, I ran an Oni for around 4 gens, don't be too impressed, it was on the Game and I used like every pallet (and actually got hooked, but I am a Slippery meat gamer, so the fun didn't end there). Anyways, someone got caught and I didn't have borrowed, he was face camping. I waited around him while the two stack finished the last gen right above us near a hole where they could drop down to the hook, and then they came to help... I started trying to get the Oni's attention to get him to leave, he wouldn't.


    Then... The two just started running to the exit gate. It was kind of weird, but whatever, they did everything together that game. I was using the come here emote just in case they were planning on leaving AND... They left


    I had to martyr myself to get that Dwight out. He didn't want to leave me, he stayed crouched in my honor while I struggled. It made the whole game worth it even if it was pretty frustrating.

  • Winning- Killing all survivors

    Losing- they find a way to kill me.

    So far, I've never lost.

1 2 ›