Give Nemesis a Rush ability.

Nemesis is a strong Killer. His kit is decently well balanced, despite the weird hitbox for his Tentacle and the AI for his zombies, he is reliable and very fun to play.

Now while he isn't the most unfaithful adaptation of a licensed killer in DBD, he is missing some of his core mechanics from the Resident Evil 3 remake that his was taken from. Obviously they can't bring in his wide array of weaponry he has in the game, although it would be cool as all hell, he is missing some of the more brute force and dominance he has in the games. I am mainly referring to his ability to charge down Jill by running at super high speeds. On nightmare difficulty, his ability to near instantly catch up with you when he ran is what made him both fun and terrifying to play against.

And the thing is, he has this ability before he goes into his second form, so if it were to be brought to DBD, they wouldn't need to do much work. And his base run animation looks like he would be sprinting anyways.

Now, why should he have this ability? Because it's Nemesis, the Pursuer, the Potential. As he stands right now his main 'map pressure' tool in his kit, the zombies, are heavily rng based and neither the killer nor the survivors have any real interaction with them. By giving Nemesis his charge ability, not only will it give him some much needed map pressure, but it could also give the devs a chance to go over his addons and make his less useful or uninteresting addons effect his charge rather than their current effects, allowing Nemesis to use a new range of perks to adapt their playstyle more.

Now how would this charge work in game? Well, there are many players who have voiced their opinion on how this charge could work, and I think the general consensus is that the Nemesis would let out a Roar and then begin its sprint. the Sprint would be possibly timed as to make it more inline with other mobility killers with dashes as their main mobility such as Hillbilly (Chainsaw overheats), Oni (Blood Fury will eventually run out) and Blight (Token based). And unlike the Hillbilly and Oni, I think that if the Nemesis is to be allowed to attack after coming out of his charge, I don't think it should be an instant down. Nemesis already has an incredibly strong 1v1 and what makes him fair is that he rarely can one hit someone.

So how this ability would look in the tooltip is;

Special ability: Charge

The Nemesis lets out a global roar and breaks into a rapid sprint. Using a basic attack, hitting an object or cancelling the charge will end the ability early. This ability gains bonus effects based on Mutation Level.

Mutation I - No changes

Mutation II - After charging for 2 seconds, can be used to break pallets and doors, but Nemesis will be briefly stunned.

Mutation III - During the Roar, Nemesis gains a brief Killer Instinct mark on survivors who are contaminated.

  • Roar duration/ Charge Time: 2 seconds.
  • Cooldown time: 1.5 seconds.
  • Movement Speed: 200% or 8 meters/second
  • Collison Stun timer: 2 seconds.


I have given the charge additional buffs using the mutation system as, the system as it is is now, feels underwhelming.

But overall, I think the charge could make Nemesis feel more like his original source material as well as make him more fun to go against as he will be able to fulfil his title as the Pursuer and be a more dominant and fearsome killer.


I am happy to hear thoughts and feedback.

Comments

  • Thank you.

    I'm glad I wasn't the only person thinking of this.

    I've had this idea since his release but only came up with a pretty basic suggestion. (see link below)

    @SpiritWolf said:

    I absolutely love Nemesis however, as of right now he is just a weaker Pyramid Head with Zombies.

    Here are a few of my suggestions to make him a little more fun and actually feel like you are Nemesis.

    BUFF SUGGESTION 1: Remove Infecting Tentacle Strike Sprint Burst

    The initial Tentacle Strike which infects Survivors gives them a Sprint Burst as if they have taken damage.

    This has already been talked about and I am assuming it is unintended. If that isn't the case and it is intended then remove it.

    BUFF SUGGESTION 2: Allow his Tier 3 Damage/Infect and Break Pallets

    Currently Nemesis' Tier 3 is... underwhelming. Only granting a 1 METER increase for his Tentacle Strike.

    My suggestion is simple, allow his Tier 3 to not only Damage/Infect Survivors but also break pallets. In a situation where a Survivor drops a pallet locking them in animation, Tentacle Striking them will result in Damage/Infect giving them a Sprint Burst and leave the pallet dropped. With this change however, it will make his Tier 3 more of a threat and more reason to acquire it.

    BUFF SUGGESTION 3: Give Nemesis a "Rush" ability

    Pretty self explanatory.

    In the RE3 Remake (of which he is based on), Nemesis has the ability to rush and catch up to Jill in seconds. So what happened, did he forget how to run faster when he entered the Fog?

    It would work similarly to Oni's Demon Dash where he would charge it up and rush forward and have a choice to cancel or attack.

    How to balance it I am currently drawing blanks, if you have an idea on how I'd gladly appreciate it.

    These are just some of the suggestions I have thought about. Other things that are needed are addon changes/buffs.

    Let me know what you guys think. :)

    Would like to hear your feedback on my other suggestions if you wouldn't mind :)

  • @SpiritWolf said:

    Thank you.

    I'm glad I wasn't the only person thinking of this.

    I've had this idea since his release but only came up with a pretty basic suggestion. (see link below)

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/267106/nemesis-buff-suggestions

    Would like to hear your feedback on my other suggestions if you wouldn't mind :)

    Yeah I've already seen your post a while ago, I commented on how the Devs won't remove the initial speed boost. I agree that Tier 3 should also give the ability to break and damage at the same time. I also think that considering how the tentacle is swung, it should by default hit more than one entity as it is.

    I also agree with adding a rush ability :^)

  • Still don t understand why we can t mutate zombies heads like he does in RE Remake 3 :D

  • @Fnatic47 said:

    Still don t understand why we can t mutate zombies heads like he does in RE Remake 3 :D

    Honestly anything to actually make them interactable XD

  • After a Punch in the survivors face why not hear nemesis scream the famous word ( STARS ! ) even if the survivor not being a star member :D