Anyone else facing this issue?

So after the release of latest patch of Chapter 21.5, my game has been lagging too much on almost every map.

Too much fps is dipping to like 30 from 60 constantly....

Anyone else experiencing this or just me?

Comments

  • Are you console or PC? Are you running programs which can interfere with DBD on mid-range PCs, like discord? Is it literally every map and are there any other factors in common with the lag spikes?

  • @ElusivePukka said:

    Are you console or PC? Are you running programs which can interfere with DBD on mid-range PCs, like discord? Is it literally every map and are there any other factors in common with the lag spikes?

    I am on PC and I have been playing on this pc since last 3 years. So my specs are not the issue. I havent checked each and every map but after the latest update I played few matches on different maps both as killer and survivor and issue is same. FPS is dropping constantly and randomly.

    May be my torrent client is running at the back but other than that no other apps are open.


    One thing I have changed though, I installed a new SSD recently and installed the game on it.

  • @Leader911 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2580667#Comment_2580667

    I am on PC and I have been playing on this pc since last 3 years. So my specs are not the issue. I havent checked each and every map but after the latest update I played few matches on different maps both as killer and survivor and issue is same. FPS is dropping constantly and randomly.

    May be my torrent client is running at the back but other than that no other apps are open.

    One thing I have changed though, I installed a new SSD recently and installed the game on it.

    Have you checked whether other multiplayer online games running from that SSD have similar issues?

  • @ElusivePukka said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2580676#Comment_2580676

    Have you checked whether other multiplayer online games running from that SSD have similar issues?

    Yes. Rainbow six siege is working fine.

  • I also enabled XMP recently in BIOS, can that cause the issue?

  • @Leader911 said:

    I also enabled XMP recently in BIOS, can that cause the issue?

    Ostensibly, yes, though I can't guarantee that's the problem.

  • @ElusivePukka said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2580803#Comment_2580803

    Ostensibly, yes, though I can't guarantee that's the problem.

    I have noticed they have changed some the survivors graphics like of Kate, Feng Min etc.

    I also have noticed when I am chasing survivors thats when I am noticing the dip in FPS, also while breaking pallets....

  • If you're sure it's a graphics issue, have you tried lowering your settings?

  • @ElusivePukka said:

    If you're sure it's a graphics issue, have you tried lowering your settings?

    yes i think it makes a difference on changing setting to Low but why it is happening... this was not the issue before the patch

  • I am having a similar issue. I have changed the graphic settings to low and that had no effect. It's pretty hard to play the game now.


    I don't run discord while playing dbd.


    I do have Citrix so I can work remotely and that updated shortly before the problem arose. Could that affect my game play? I'm not noticing it in any other steam game I play.

  • @Go_kart_Mozart said:

    I am having a similar issue. I have changed the graphic settings to low and that had no effect. It's pretty hard to play the game now.

    I don't run discord while playing dbd.

    I do have Citrix so I can work remotely and that updated shortly before the problem arose. Could that affect my game play? I'm not noticing it in any other steam game I play.

    no idea what is happening. I created a ticket for dbd team about this issue and still no reply for them after 5 days...

  • same here. Played with not citrix and no better.

  • I have noticed more lag than before too, but figured it was related to the halloween event

  • @Ussu said:

    I have noticed more lag than before too, but figured it was related to the halloween event

    this is happening since before the event started

  • This might help: https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/4xxx8n/psa_how_to_boost_your_fps_by_disabling_vsync/


    By changing Vsync to True, i am seeing some improvement. Now my FPS is 62 but it still drops to like 55 sometimes but its much better on ultra settings