Why do we only have 3 aura colors?!?!

We have so many different aura related perks, powers, addon, items and offerings and we still have only

Red Yellow White

Isn't time to make new colors since we already have so many different things that need aura and we will probably get more in the future?

Comments

  • The colors are actually called:

    Vermillion, Lemon and Eggshell.

  • Because too many auras would be confusing even for established players, and completely unapproachable for newer players. Maybe one or two more for niche effects, but honestly, the three we have are pretty decent.

  • @Mineguy said:

    We have so many different aura related perks, powers, addon, items and offerings and we still have only

    Red Yellow White

    Isn't time to make new colors since we already have so many different things that need aura and we will probably get more in the future?

    There is also a pink color, Killer appears for Survivors in pink.

  • Boon totems are blue colour on survivor side aura also, so way more than 3 aura colours.

  • Auras are an integral Game Mechanic in Dead by Daylight . For a guide on some in-game distances to better gauge the working-radius of Aura-reading Perks, please refer to Distances. Some Unlockables unlock potential in one's Aura-reading abilities. Auras can be seen through any obstacles and usually across large distances. Aura-reading abilities are great for locating Allies, Enemies or Objectives. The are two main types of Auras in Dead by Daylight: Aura-reveals and Aura-Flare-ups: Whereas Aura-

    There's quite a few, actually.

  • @jesterkind said:

    Because too many auras would be confusing even for established players, and completely unapproachable for newer players. Maybe one or two more for niche effects, but honestly, the three we have are pretty decent.

    Yeah, because you know what's not confusing? Running Surveillance and Trail of Torment, then working out what a yellow generator means. How about adding in Discordance too.

    Or for survivors, that gen just lit up yellow. Now is that because my teammate's working on it with whatever they renamed Better Together? Is it a gen someone just got off with Blast Mine so I probably shouldn't head over there? Or did the killer use Trail of Torment and I should be aware that they're undetectable until I touch it? Hell, it could be the gen I put Red Herring on and then forgot.

  • @anarchy753 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2578590#Comment_2578590

    Yeah, because you know what's not confusing? Running Surveillance and Trail of Torment, then working out what a yellow generator means. How about adding in Discordance too.

    Or for survivors, that gen just lit up yellow. Now is that because my teammate's working on it with whatever they renamed Better Together? Is it a gen someone just got off with Blast Mine so I probably shouldn't head over there? Or did the killer use Trail of Torment and I should be aware that they're undetectable until I touch it? Hell, it could be the gen I put Red Herring on and then forgot.

    I seen somebody use Repressed Alliance once while I was playing survivor, and was quite surprise by the aura colour being white. I then immediately questioned why we couldn't use that for blast mine/better together (I'm not learning the new name) instead of yellow.

  • There are 5 different colours I believe. White, Yellow, Red, Blue and whatever colour the exit gates are