New trapper noise

The noise when trapper picks up his traps now is so out of place what were they thinking ?

Comments

  • It's not that bad, it's nice to know you've hit your trap limit with an audio cue for newer players, but it is a little strange. He almost sounds displeased to have that many traps lmao

  • The same thing they were thinking when they added Billy's chainsaw yell.

    How can we annoy the players today.

  • I might start playing trapper just to do that.

  • The noise sounds silly to me, but it's also nice to have an audio cue to tell you when you're carrying maximum amount of traps.

  • @ccactus623 said:

    The noise when trapper picks up his traps now is so out of place what were they thinking ?

    Yes it is so off-putting and out of place. it feels like its only there for new players who can´t look in the corner for 5 seconds

  • It's just off putting for never being there. I like it when killers are given extra sounds and or animations, don't know why people don't

    Also a good reason for it, to tell you when you're full.

    As someone who barely plays him I very often try and pick up traps not realizing I'm full. Nice change, take some time to get used to lol.

  • @Shadowfriend said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/288404/new-trapper-noise

    Yes it is so off-putting and out of place. it feels like its only there for new players who can´t look in the corner for 5 seconds

    I have no issue with an audio cue it's just weird noise

  • The 'noise' should start at the beginning of animation, something like he has to use effort to bend down.

  • pinhead hasn't came so trapper has instead

  • Getting confused by some of the responses.

    In the PTB it was played with every trap pickup. Does it only play if he can't carry anymore now?

  • @Mr_K said:

    Getting confused by some of the responses.

    In the PTB it was played with every trap pickup. Does it only play if he can't carry anymore now?

    Are you sure? I'm pretty sure even in the PTB it was when he hit his top amount, and it only played on every trap pickup because from what I know most Trapper players keep one on hand at all times.

  • I like the concept behind its addition. A little audio cue of "Hey, you need to put down a trap before picking another up, just fyi" is a neat little QoL change. I don't know if they should have gone with that noise in particular. Could have been a smidge less jarring. But I imagine I'll get used to it if I play Trapper a bit.

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2575821#Comment_2575821

    Are you sure? I'm pretty sure even in the PTB it was when he hit his top amount, and it only played on every trap pickup because from what I know most Trapper players keep one on hand at all times.

    Ok, so it plays when you pickup the last trap. Rather it be when you try to pickup another while full (or not at all really).

  • @Mr_K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2575840#Comment_2575840

    Ok, so it plays when you pickup the last trap. Rather it be when you try to pickup another while full (or not at all really).

    Yeah, it plays after you finish picking up a trap that puts you at capacity- so your second trap, without addons.