So what's the best way to deal with the new Boon Totems as killer?

Just had a miserable match trying out Michael's T2 wall hack addon and got creamed because the new boon totem blocks auras. I was completely thrown off by my gameplan not working and had no idea what to do.

What is the best way to go about the totems? Only look for them when you know for certain where they are, or dedicate some time to look for them?

Maybe I should play some more and adapt, but personally I think it's a bit much that ALL survivors benefit from one person blessing a totem. It means the time sacrificed is no where nearly as harsh since its still 3/4 survivors able to work on gens normally with the bonus of the Boon.

Comments

  • @sharonra480 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2573868#Comment_2573868

    You could literally say this about any of the hex totems killers bring ... what... how is this an argument for anything?

    That boons are subject to the same RNG inconsistencies in many cases and won’t equal an easy survivor win every match

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2575182#Comment_2575182

    Eh, that's going to dramatically go down after the novelty wears off, but yes, a four-man running all of them with decent coordination is going to be tough. The thing is, though.... a four-man with strong perks and decent coordination are already incredibly tough to go against, that has nothing to do with boon totems.

    The mechanic could do with some tweaking, but anyone pretending that they're a massive problem or that they're breaking the game and need to be nerfed right now immediately is just... being silly. That's the only word for it.

    If they get tweaked sure it might be healthy, but maybe they could stay kinda as is and remove map offerings, it is horrible to play in indoor maps with these perks.

    The thing is what can they do? Knowing bhvr either as is and nothing or trash perk.

    And yes going into a 4 man is tough but these perks make it tougher way tougher than it should especially in certain maps.

  • @Objectively_speaking said:

    Ignore them unless you directly see or hear them otherwise pretend they do not exist. They are here to stay and will most likely not see any changes so be prepared to suffer until they are changed.

    This ^

    Also yeah just snuff them they take like a second but can be re blessed

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2575182#Comment_2575182

    I don't think multiple survivors with Circle of healing is correct way. It's different for shadowstep tho.

    I would use only 1 per team, because every other survivor gets free perks (self-care + we'll make it) because of it and you just don't need more of them.

    Yeah, shadowstep is probably why I dislike these perks, no scratchmarks, lack of footstep audio because bhvr, IW, certain grass and stuff makes it really hard to track by blood.

    I'm ok-ish with CoH, because people bring busted medkits daily so it isn't THAT much.

    I think the correct way for CoH is 2, but may change depending on the map, just what I think.

  • @OldHunterLight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2575196#Comment_2575196

    Yeah, shadowstep is probably why I dislike these perks, no scratchmarks, lack of footstep audio because bhvr, IW, certain grass and stuff makes it really hard to track by blood.

    I'm ok-ish with CoH, because people bring busted medkits daily so it isn't THAT much.

    I think the correct way for CoH is 2, but may change depending on the map, just what I think.

    Yeah, two might be fine. In case one survivor with boon is in chase a lot...

    Thing is, that you don't need medkits, so you just use toolboxes instead.

    1 perk that gives medkit to every survivors and killer can't really get rid of it.

    RIP Inner Strength

  • What can I do as killer to deal with boon totems?

    I can stop playing killer, and play survivor using a totem hunting build.

  • The best way imo is not dropping chases. Tracking will be difficult with no auras and scratch marks, and hit and run is useless while Circle of Healing is in play. I know dropping a chase is one of the skills that you learn as killer, but it is what it is. Again, the killers that suffer the most with boon totems are the weak M1 killers who can't reliably down people.

  • @Hannon said:

    Killer main complaining about survivor perks that are completely fine.

    nothing new here

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2573563#Comment_2573563

    Survivor main, mostly unskilled, that has never played killer and talk, nothing new here 😉.

  • @Nos37 said:

    What can I do as killer to deal with boon totems?

    I can stop playing killer, and play survivor using a totem hunting build.

    Oh, are we gonna play among us and sabotage totems for other survivors?

    I am gonna bring killer to boon totems, so I can cleanse it :D

  • Myers did get a buff in T2, but then boon totems exist and then Hawkins is going away lol

    Hex: TOTH makes it annoying for boon users. It takes them 50% longer to bless totems. So the 24s becomes 36s of just doing nothing. This is on top of 15s of looking for the totem at least and then 8s of healing or being stuck in that small area lol

    I think it'll be used a lot for now but will become less used. They won't replace the meta perks in long run (for now). When we get a gen boosting speed then it might, but even then 28s for blessing to save 20s on a gen in that area. You might as well just do gen lol

    Also, Doctor doesn't care about auras. Haunted Ground//Undying will make people think about blessing totems. Somebody mentioned Plague before and that's a great option as well

  • Instadown killers, Plague, Doctor with exposure perks.

    Haunted Grounds and NOED.

    No aura perks.

    Tunnel, tunnel, tunnel.

    That's the new meta.

  • @Dumpstick said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/288174/so-whats-the-best-way-to-deal-with-the-new-boon-totems-as-killer

    Do them bones.

    Survivors have had to put up with this with Hex Totems for ages. Survivors also had to deal with Killer Stealth getting buffed so things like Alert, Kindred, and the purple key crystal don't work. There are people who ran Kindred + Openhanded only to find that two of their perks are thrown off just because they went up against a Wraith or a Wallhacking Myers.

    It's finally great to have the same options as a Survivor.

    A boom totem perk that can be infinitely regenerated is not the same as a hex perks that can be permanently destroyed

  • @Hannon said:

    Killer main complaining about survivor perks that are completely fine.

    nothing new here

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2573563#Comment_2573563

    Its so easy to say this when survivors have plenty of totem hunting perks and killers have none LOL. I wonder the crying in the otherwise case when survivors didint have the tools to locate the totems.

  • @Hannon said:

    Killer main complaining about survivor perks that are completely fine.

    nothing new here

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2573563#Comment_2573563

    It's completely fine to get a practically undetactable state as a survivor, since shadow step will suppress auora reading and scratches! Yes very tuned and fine

  • @divineavenger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2573826#Comment_2573826

    It's completely fine to get a practically undetactable state as a survivor, since shadow step will suppress auora reading and scratches! Yes very tuned and fine

    No aura and no scratches is not "practically undetectable". It'll save them from being tracked at range, from something like BBQ, but if you as a killer find that no longer having scratch marks means you're guaranteed to lose a chase, you need to get better at using the other indicators to track where a survivor is, and/or bring other tracking perks like Spies and Whispers.

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2575439#Comment_2575439

    No aura and no scratches is not "practically undetectable". It'll save them from being tracked at range, from something like BBQ, but if you as a killer find that no longer having scratch marks means you're guaranteed to lose a chase, you need to get better at using the other indicators to track where a survivor is, and/or bring other tracking perks like Spies and Whispers.

    In general you are right, but this update is like give a huge buff to survivors and force killers to settle for lesser perks.

    Honestly I won't like to play killer anymore, wraith got nerfed, these boons and mmr and the whole concept of being killer is just too much for me, today I got three 4k with bubba in a row, but I literally bust my ass off. It didn't worth it.

    I play SWF too, I think its time to left the killer role, unless they give us a rational buff.

  • @divineavenger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2575444#Comment_2575444

    In general you are right, but this update is like give a huge buff to survivors and force killers to settle for lesser perks.

    Honestly I won't like to play killer anymore, wraith got nerfed, these boons and mmr and the whole concept of being killer is just too much for me, today I got three 4k with bubba in a row, but I literally bust my ass off. It didn't worth it.

    I play SWF too, I think its time to left the killer role, unless they give us a rational buff.

    If you feel that way, I certainly encourage you to play something else for your own enjoyment, be it survivor or another game. The fact is, though, that Killer is only at a significant disadvantage at the very highest ranks- everywhere else, there's always something you can do. The game's not easy, you have to work for your kills when you're against opponents of the same skill as you.

  • @Morgrumir said:

    Tunnel the ever living crap out of them, face camp / basement survivors . break out the cheese and set up shop at the hooks. happy fishing.

    He asked for something new. That's not something new, that happens to survivors all the time.

  • You can't deal with them.

    If you go out of your way to snuff them out, survivors aren't pressured and do gens for free.

    If you don't snuff them out, then survivors have infinite med-kits, aura protection and no scratch marks for over 50 metres on the map, times four.

    If you snuff it out mid-chase, the survivor gets time to get away, which is devastating.

    You lose no matter what you do, so don't play killer, or just play Plague who counters boons with her anti-heal and anti-stealth kit.

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2573944#Comment_2573944

    I don't know if anyone told you already but one info in your post is outdated.

    Sound perks interaction was overhauled and iron will now trump's any noice increase, so stridor is completely countered by iron will and not the other way.

    Thanks for the tip, I didn't realize noise modifiers were changed.

  • @not_Queef said:

    Do bones lol

    Than stop undoing my do of the bones >:(

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2575028#Comment_2575028

    Thanks for the tip, I didn't realize noise modifiers were changed.

    Yeah they did it to counter spirit (the only killer really using stridor) but also nerfed her now and probably in the next patch when they add the dust getting kicked up by her during phasing.

  • @Hannon said:

    Killer main complaining about survivor perks that are completely fine.

    nothing new here

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2573563#Comment_2573563

    He wasn't complaining, he was asking for advice. Maybe grow up?

1 2 ›