I now understand the Stridor nerf!
It's because of the new perk Boon: Shadow Step. It completely prevents Aura reading and scratch marks. Pair that now with the now uncouterable Iron Will and you can't find survivors anywhere unless you have a direct line of sight on them. It wouldn't be nearly as effective if Stridor made breathing louder still.
I absolutely hate camping and tunneling, but I've found myself having no way to find survivors unless they're in the open or going for a save. And since you can re-light boons an infinite number of times, snuffing them out does little more than waste time.
Comments
I mean you can still see them, see their blood pools and hear foot steps, breathing if they're not injured, grass move, they still startle crows, etc. And if you snuff out a totem to find the survivor it takes 14 seconds to relight it, it's not like a survivor can do that mid chase lol
Maybe it's a bug but there are no blood pools in the Shadow Step radius.
If they take off with line of sight blockers before you get close enough you'll never have an idea of where they went. And if they're using stridor all they have to do is sprint to a window and slow vault it, then slow vault back when you turn the corner. You'll spend so much time trying to figure out if a survivor is even there that you'll lose gens.