Car loops are way too survivor sided against ranged killers

Whether it's on Haddonfield, Badham, or Autohaven, these loops are just garbage design because they're either too high to throw/shoot over or it's one of those trucks. The trucks are well designed except for the fact that they have all kinds of junk piled in the back, which makes the loop too high, which makes it garbage for ranged killers. If that stuff was gone, and wasn't guaranteed to spawn every time, these loops would be fairer. Even when these types of loops aren't too high to throw over, they're high enough so that survivors can completely hide behind them. And that's fair, but why are there loops like that all over the whole map? Can't there be SOME 'killer sided' loops that spawn? Other loops are deceptive, and the car loops are included in these, because they have a small amount of stuff on top of them and you'd think you'd be able to shoot over or through that, but no, it's just one big hitbox apparently. Some loops have ridiculous hitboxes for how little the obstacle sticks out. These loops' existence is what keeps all the ranged killers below A tier. They're simply not designed for these killers, so when you go to a map that has them, you just lose with those killers.

Comments

  • Some things never change, eh?

    Glad to see some of the monotony of the forums amidst all the NFT chaos.

  • I dunno, some of the car loops on Badham are pretty favoured to ranged killers, to the point of them being basically death traps

    Not talking the truck/ambulence ones, but the ones where it's a car, some junk and a pallet

  • Coldwind hay loops: Hold my beer

  • @Brokenbones said:

    I dunno, some of the car loops on Badham are pretty favoured to ranged killers, to the point of them being basically death traps

    Not talking the truck/ambulence ones, but the ones where it's a car, some junk and a pallet

    The hitboxes are deceptively survivor sided as I said. Survivors can just crouch. If they have to uncrouch because the killer's coming around, that's their decision. They're not supposed to be invulnerable at these positions, even though it often feels like they are.

  • That is why I love Nemesis, I can just fake, disrespect the pallet and get a free m1 on those clowns. Best ranged killer because he doesn't move like he had an accident.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    That is why I love Nemesis, I can just fake, disrespect the pallet and get a free m1 on those clowns. Best ranged killer because he doesn't move like he had an accident.

    No, it's still very much up to the survivor to mess up. He has a way less punishing cooldown on his fake outs because he's 115%, but smart survivors will know what you can and cannot do with that killer.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2570665#Comment_2570665

    No, it's still very much up to the survivor to mess up. He has a way less punishing cooldown on his fake outs because he's 115%, but smart survivors will know what you can and cannot do with that killer.

    Well, sure, but it is better than all of the other ranged killers. With those, I am just kind of screwed unless I commit and get it out of the way A$ap.