The sad thing is that if DBD isn't removed from steam by valve themselves, it still won't die

First off, I am not saying or implying that I want DBD to die. Even after this, I will still like the game, not the company that mistreats it. I am also not calling out anyone in particular and I am just giving my thoughts on this whole situation. I might take a break from it for a while though.

There is really no point in arguing against this.

The game is and has:

  • Unique
  • Very fun, especially for newbies
  • Several licensed DLC's
  • A pretty good gameplay loop

The only reason the game is still alive is that it is the only successful one of its kind that exists. And no, VHS or FT13 does not count since they are too small to compete. And I'm pretty sure that FT13 is dead. (not trying to discredit VHS, it looks pretty cool )

On top of that, we can assume that BHVR will just ignore it all.

Seriously, they are giving me very strong "There is no war in Ba Sing Se" vibes right now. They are known for being radio silent on things like this. I mean come on, they are posting on their twitter as if nothing every happened... like seriously? However, I think they will have to at the very least address this if they want some of their customers back.

Along with the NFT deal going on, there are also more current issues becoming more apparent such as:

  • The cheater uprising (again)that has gone by ***completely unaddressed*** and ignored by BHVR
  • Performance issues still persisting, especially for consoles
  • The absolute garbage sbmm system that BHVR spent the last 2 years working on for the same exact result as the last one. (They said they would use that time to focus on the system instead of events btw, and trash is what we got)

So yeah, associating yourselves with using NFT's or whatever is probably not the best way to treat your longtime players who still stuck with you through everything, nor the best move when you are already on thin ice. They straight up, boldly, shamelessly, unremorsefully, lied to us.

If you are a loyal longtime player, then what this whole thing means is that BHVR rewarded your loyalty, time, and money with a spit in the face.

BHVR will probably not even learn from this too. I hope they prove me wrong.

But hey, at least they are giving us free bloodpoints... right?

Just.... UGHHHHHHHHHHHH i hope this is fake

Comments

  • Of course it won't. Of the many thousands of players, how many are on forums like this? Out of those how many are genuinely outraged by this situation? Out of those how many say they will stop playing? Out of those how many will genuinely stop?

    Basically whatever your feeling is towards the game and devs right now the game this won't have a significant impact to player numbers.