Please give me more insight on the NFT situation
I’m not exactly sure I 100% understand what they are, and will I actually lose everything as a Steam player?
I’m not exactly sure I 100% understand what they are, and will I actually lose everything as a Steam player?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Nfts are a pyramid scheme that harms the environment
You're not losing anything on steam just don't participate in Nfts because you could be the guy stuck at the bottom not being able to get rid of the nft you bought
If you buy an NFT from Boss Protocol, there's a chance the NFT contains a Pinhead DLC code you can redeem to get the Pinhead DLC in DBD.
Steam is likely not going to ban DBD over this, because entering a one time code to get the DLC via the in game store doesn't break Steam's rules. In fact, fog whispers already give away new chapter dlc codes since BHVR gives them some when the chapter drops.
Now if DBD starts allowing players to purchase these NFTs in the game, then that would break Steam's rules and get it banned.
Basically a horrifically expensive cryptocurrency loot box. So aside from its scam-like nature the cryptocurrency aspects pokes some political nerves due to cryptocurrency's mining energy cost amongst other reasons why some people dislike Bitcoin and Etherium.
People are speculating that DBD might get pulled from Steam because they have an anti-NFT stance, and they just followed Epic, that do allow them. Since it's 3rd party, they may be in the clear, but we don't know.
There's a good chance that Steam players won't lose anything, but that doesn't change the fact that people are dropping the game.
How do I avoid participating the NFT’s? I bought the Pinhead DLC, so does that mean that I am?
As it stands currently, the only way to buy these NFTs are if you were to go to Boss Protocol's site and purchase them there.
Ok I haven’t done that so I’m fine then?
you haven't participated in NFTs, but you have supported the company running them. So it's just as bad. I'm in the same boat as you. Had I know my money would support a company that uses NFTs, I would not have bought him. I'm gonna see about getting a refund tomorrow.
Thanks for the response everyone, it’s starting to make more sense.
This the site is offering a raffle for the chapter
Also I would recommend not buying anything tied to behavior in the future until they stop supporting nfts now that you know
As giving them money will tell the higher ups who probably made the decision to continue doing it and to make more nfts
Well #########. I’ll try to refund it as well.
Actually.... It DOES break the rules:
https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/gettingstarted/onboarding?l=english#5(point 13)
Even if it's a purchase 'outside' of steam etc, it's still counting as this. Valve is banning every game in any way linked to crapto and nfts.
You need a cryptocurrency called etherium to buy these NFTs. You’re fine. We don’t know if BHVR is gonna be fine though.
I hope they lose a lot of money. They absolutely deserve it.
Did you even read the rule you are linking?
DBD is not built on a blockchain, DBD is not issuing NFTs, and DBD is not allowing people to exchange cryptocurrencies or NFTs. Everything related to that is done outside of DBD.
you can ask valve directly.
I think that is the reason why they didn't tell us in the beginning. Nobody would have bought the DLC if that information were out.
I mean if steam wanted to they could update that rule to include anything nft related to set a precedent as what behavior is doing can be seen as them trying to bend around the rules to sell nfts
Perfect example of "don't buy the pre-order" I guess. Wait for money to stop flowing, than mention the NFTs.
Glad that I was on my break(sbmm annoyed me too much) while they pulled this ######### was about to buy Pinhead when my break from dbd was over
Close call, I wish I was so lucky
And it's too late for me to buy Mikaela with Shards too. Why? Becuase I dumb idiot already bought the Auric Cells for the Rift/Cosmetics yesterday... So I will just spend the cells I have and deal with it.