Should be able to deliverance off the hook if you're the only one left

When you're the last survivor and you get hooked you die instantly which is fair because there's a 99% chance you won't live. I've had two games now though where I've had deliverance active, with Decisive strike that I could use while hooked right next to the door. I could realistically unhook myself, DS out if I was grabbed or even just crawl out the door if he waited DS out and be able to escape. The game should recognise if I have both of these perks active and give me the chance to unhook as it's completely viable that I can escape, thank you for coming to my ted talk.

Comments

  • Let's see what would happen:

    killer is in front of you, so he can just down you again.

    If hatch is closed, he can pick you up and you have extra chase for nothing.

    if hatch is open, he will watch you bleed for a minute, because he expects DS.


    Alternative what to do: You just don't use it, because you are petty and want killer to wait, instead of playing new game.

  • It's fair. You had the chance to use it earlier and you didn't. Deliverance power comes from the fact you can take a hook in the mid game and the killer gets no pressure from it.

  • There was no previous chance to use either, I was never hooked in the trial, I still had to perks active ready, I'm being punished from not needing to use them earlier in the game

  • @Deliverencepls said:

    There was no previous chance to use either, I was never hooked in the trial, I still had to perks active ready, I'm being punished from not needing to use them earlier in the game

    That's why you have to force yourself to get hooked. Take one for the team since you have a get out of jail free card. Go body block and keep someone else from going down. If you are running deliverance and then playing passively, you are not taking advantage of the perk you brought into the trail.

  • I was playing for the team, that's why I had the Deliverance stack, not only that I unhooked a guy getting face camped when we were the only two in the trial which got me down but he was able to leave, since I had deliverance and DS still and was hooked by the gate I could have just unhooked myself and left regardless if he hit me or not. The only time I could have lost there is if he chose to pick me up and I missed DS.

  • @Deliverencepls said:

    When you're the last survivor and you get hooked you die instantly which is fair because there's a 99% chance you won't live. I've had two games now though where I've had deliverance active, with Decisive strike that I could use while hooked right next to the door. I could realistically unhook myself, DS out if I was grabbed or even just crawl out the door if he waited DS out and be able to escape. The game should recognise if I have both of these perks active and give me the chance to unhook as it's completely viable that I can escape, thank you for coming to my ted talk.

    Should be able to use it on the second hook, but not during the collapse phase. You get enough second chances this way and not a DB way out of the gate.