Left Behind

With the upcoming hatch changes, I think it'd be a good time to buff this (pretty bad) perk.

Here's my suggestion:

Left Behind

You'll get the job done... No matter the cost.

When you are the last Survivor remaining in the Trial, the Hatch's Aura is revealed to you within a range of 24/28/32 metres.

After the Hatch has been kicked shut, you can open it without a key. This interaction takes 5 seconds.


This suggestion is pretty simple, just integrate the new key interaction into the perk. Now that keys are getting nerfed, I don't see why this couldn't be a thing.

Comments

  • I guess. Pretty sad a niche perk is becoming all the more niche.

  • This seems pretty reasonable, it wouldn't be too strong and would be pretty fitting. Almost like the key version of Jake's sabo perk.

  • @jesterkind said:

    This seems pretty reasonable, it wouldn't be too strong and would be pretty fitting. Almost like the key version of Jake's sabo perk.

    Yeah, that's the idea I was going for.

  • I actually like this change. It'd still be a very, very situational perk because it relies on you being the last survivor alive, while increasing your chances of being able to escape as the last survivor, but it's very rewarding if you manage to get it working.

  • I mean killer and surv will both have the same chances of getting hatch. So, why give survivors a free escape perk.

    why give them a free hatch when the killer successfully defended the gens and killed the others?

    Sure on some maps survs can't escape through the doors if killer already closed hatch and surv don't have a key, but hey...doesn't mean surv need a free escape nonetheless.

  • I wouldn't mind this perk like even if it's a free escape if the situation calls for it I actually wouldn't feel that bad if I saw this perk was in play I would much rather go against this perk than keys in general. Like I think if you brought this perk situational, I would be like okay you deserved that hatch.

  • @Bran said:

    I mean killer and surv will both have the same chances of getting hatch. So, why give survivors a free escape perk.

    why give them a free hatch when the killer successfully defended the gens and killed the others?

    Sure on some maps survs can't escape through the doors if killer already closed hatch and surv don't have a key, but hey...doesn't mean surv need a free escape nonetheless.

    I mean, if Rancor can give you a "free" kill for failing to defend the generators, I don't see why Left Behind couldn't let you open the hatch. Besides, calling it "free" escape is pretty misleading, since the cost is a perk slot that does absolutely nothing until you are the last survivor remaining.

  • @ReverseVelocity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2565114#Comment_2565114

    I mean, if Rancor can give you a "free" kill for failing to defend the generators, I don't see why Left Behind couldn't let you open the hatch. Besides, calling it "free" escape is pretty misleading, since the cost is a perk slot that does absolutely nothing until you are the last survivor remaining.

    I just don't like the idea of having more ways for survivors to escape. It's free because you don't have to get a key and it lets you see the hatch..very free escape.

  • @Bran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2565302#Comment_2565302

    I just don't like the idea of having more ways for survivors to escape. It's free because you don't have to get a key and it lets you see the hatch..very free escape.

    I wouldn't call this free at all. It only works if you're the last player alive, and even if it does work, it's a perk slot that does nothing until the very end of the game.

    Think of it not as an escape necessarily "earned" but an escape "banked". If it comes in useful, great, it saves you having to rely on finding a key. If it doesn't... well, you never needed it to begin with and so it doesn't matter how "free" it is.

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2566102#Comment_2566102

    I wouldn't call this free at all. It only works if you're the last player alive, and even if it does work, it's a perk slot that does nothing until the very end of the game.

    Think of it not as an escape necessarily "earned" but an escape "banked". If it comes in useful, great, it saves you having to rely on finding a key. If it doesn't... well, you never needed it to begin with and so it doesn't matter how "free" it is.

    It's free. If I you use the perk to use it, it costs nothing.

    Most perks can use the whole "if it helps it helps, if it doesn't aw well" approach.

    The perk replaces keys and in most cases the survivor would escape.

  • @Bran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2566152#Comment_2566152

    It's free. If I you use the perk to use it, it costs nothing.

    Most perks can use the whole "if it helps it helps, if it doesn't aw well" approach.

    The perk replaces keys and in most cases the survivor would escape.

    Well... yeah. In that case, any perk you use costs nothing and is free. If that's your point of objection, you're entitled to your opinion, but I strongly disagree that it matters at all.

    It's such a niche and conditional effect that I really don't see why it's a problem that the effect is useful if you ever get to use it.

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2566166#Comment_2566166

    Well... yeah. In that case, any perk you use costs nothing and is free. If that's your point of objection, you're entitled to your opinion, but I strongly disagree that it matters at all.

    It's such a niche and conditional effect that I really don't see why it's a problem that the effect is useful if you ever get to use it.

    As I said. In most situations, the survivor escapes.

  • @Bran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2566177#Comment_2566177

    As I said. In most situations, the survivor escapes.

    Most situations where they're the last person alive, the hatch is found and closed, and they have the time to go re-open it without the killer finding and interrupting them?

    Yeah, I'm okay with that. The hatch and keys have been nerfed into the ground, I'm totally fine with a second-chance for escaping through the hatch now that only the last guy can do it, especially when it's this dependant on luck.

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2566179#Comment_2566179

    Most situations where they're the last person alive, the hatch is found and closed, and they have the time to go re-open it without the killer finding and interrupting them?

    Yeah, I'm okay with that. The hatch and keys have been nerfed into the ground, I'm totally fine with a second-chance for escaping through the hatch now that only the last guy can do it, especially when it's this dependant on luck.

    The survivor can see the hatch so already has the advantage on finding it.

    The killer cannot physically defend 2 doors and the hatch without additional help.

    It's won't be luck based. The survivor will be able to do it

    This whole change idea is basically just a free escape for the last survivor if the killer doesn't know where they are.

  • @Bran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2566182#Comment_2566182

    The survivor can see the hatch so already has the advantage on finding it.

    The killer cannot physically defend 2 doors and the hatch without additional help.

    It's won't be luck based. The survivor will be able to do it

    This whole change idea is basically just a free escape for the last survivor if the killer doesn't know where they are.

    Whether they can defend it or not has FAR more to do with luck of where they spawn, it's totally possible to defend some setups.

    The killer will know where they are, or at least will have plenty of information to guess- they're going to be in one of three areas. Most of the time, when the hatch is closed, that's GG- it's a guaranteed loss for the survivor. What's wrong with a perk (that's useless for the rest of the game, mind) helping to make that a little less certain?

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2566187#Comment_2566187

    Whether they can defend it or not has FAR more to do with luck of where they spawn, it's totally possible to defend some setups.

    The killer will know where they are, or at least will have plenty of information to guess- they're going to be in one of three areas. Most of the time, when the hatch is closed, that's GG- it's a guaranteed loss for the survivor. What's wrong with a perk (that's useless for the rest of the game, mind) helping to make that a little less certain?

    As I said, most of the time survivor have a free escape.

    Some maps will fluctuate, but most bigger maps are escapes for sure.

  • @Bran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2566188#Comment_2566188

    As I said, most of the time survivor have a free escape.

    Some maps will fluctuate, but most bigger maps are escapes for sure.

    Is it honestly that big of a deal to you if the last survivor would escape with this buffed perk? As said by @jesterkind above: hatch and keys are already "being nerfed into the ground" with the upcoming patch. This perk has one purpose only, so it better be really good for that purpose.

    Do you think Left Behind is an acceptable perk as it currently is, and particularly with the upcoming changes? If not, what would you have it do differently?

  • @GoshJosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2566196#Comment_2566196

    Is it honestly that big of a deal to you if the last survivor would escape with this buffed perk? As said by @jesterkind above: hatch and keys are already "being nerfed into the ground" with the upcoming patch. This perk has one purpose only, so it better be really good for that purpose.

    Do you think Left Behind is an acceptable perk as it currently is, and particularly with the upcoming changes? If not, what would you have it do differently?

    If I played survivor more . I'd use the perk as is and bring a key.

    I really do dislike the thought of the last survivor escaping like this.