This game will slowly go under
I am just going to say it, the only people who benefitted from the SBMM update was ######### new players who dont know jack abt this game and soloQ survivors. Nobody else has gotten a direct benefit from this. You know who else has not benefitted from SBMM? Call of duty, PubG and Fortnight being a few, who in large ended up dying (or are dying) out due to SBMM making the game a continual sweat fest for those who want to win.
SBMM makes games so unfun, one of the largest reasons rank matchmaking is so great is because even at high ranks SKILLS DIFFER! Not anymore though. You don't take an ALREADY imbalanced game with TONS of other issues, lets not forget that this game is ASYMMETRICAL in design and relies on a lot of RNG, you can't take a game like that, slap SBMM on it and think it wont die.
I have seen so many content creators have their mentalities slowly eroded because of sbmm in this game completely exhausting any fun they have and it is sickening. I have seen many more killer content creators have to start making the switch to only playing survivor most of the time because they cannot continue playing killer with sbmm. So many games have died to sbmm and dbd as a whole is on a decline on steamcharts.
Somebody on the developer team needs to make a change and start actively listening to their community or this game is going to become more of a sinking ship than it already is. If content creators who pull thousands of people to this game are going "I can't play this" you would think BHVR would make a read and do something or even reach out to those content creators who make a living off of it to rectify any mistakes. But no, and as it stands I have never seen any mods or devs reply to discussions with helpful and popular feedback, only unrelated stuff and people reporting bugs which shows where their attention is focused.
Something needs to change
Comments
Well, that's fine.
The game's over five years old. That's pretty good for a Multiplayer only PVP title. Many don't last that long, before wrapping development and moving onto a sequel.
COD was MUCH older, was a complete legend of a game and still died in large part to sbmm, idk what the hell BHVR is thinking
No matter what happens, regardless of opinions on balance, monetisation, decisions made by the developers etc
I have to say that DBD as a project turned out extremely well in terms of turning from this little cute indie game into the monster it is today.
The game, it's developers and the community frustrate me at times but I've gotten my money's worth from the game and I plan to stick around until it stops being worth it.
COD? Call of Duty? You mean the series that pumps out a new game annually and has done so every year since 2005? That COD?
Every single Call of Duty title ceases support the moment their year is over and the next title has released. Maybe you'll get minute bug patches and small content updates, but that's it.
That doesn't help your point.
I meant it as a franchise, if COD had not annually released another game and had simply updated the first to be like the next, think of the time it would be alive compared to others?
They can still do something, it's clear that the majority of playerbase doesn't like it
Every time somebody says "this game is dying" I'm halfway certain it adds another year to its life.
So I guess this game has another few millennia before it dies.
It's just a very slow death, that's all
Good thing is, the more the game lives, the more time it has to revert changes and bring me back to the Fog!
Thats fine. The games over 5 years old and it is certainly no Tf2 or CS:GO. It has to die eventually, they'll pack their bags and create a sequel or spiritual successor and the process will start all over again. Games aren't meant to last forever, we shouldn't expect BHVR to ride the DBD train all the way to bankruptcy.
COD is still going strong and so is dbd
Totally agree. I've been playing this game for 4+ years and as much as I hate to do it, I'm thinking about uninstalling the game indefinitely. SBMM has killed any fun I used to have playing killer. The game is so unbalanced for this system to work and survivors now dictate a match which should NEVER be a thing. I didn't play this game for as long as I have and dumped as much money into it, to be a competitive sweatlord. It just feels bad.