Object of Obsession

Ever since the rework, I honestly think the perk is a little underwhelming, and could use a couple of buffs.

First (and most importantly), remove the obsession requirement from the passive 30 second aura reading timer. It sucks to have half of your aura perk disabled because of RNG. Perhaps the action speed boost could be the obsession requirement instead.

Secondly, reduce the aura timer by around 5-10 seconds. 30 seconds is a little too long in my opinion, and I don't think reducing it by a small amount would make it overtuned.

Those are just a couple of my ideas.

Comments

  • i think object is ok where it is because it use to be unfun to play when your using it against myers ghostface pig or wraith because they see you but you don't see them

  • Nowadays the rate of the OoO users is so rare. This perk isn't a decent help for survivors during the chases since his 'nerf' makes it totally useless (too situational, biggest cooldown to work when survivor needs it). But if I recall it correctly, this OoO doesn't work against Freddy ('Dream Land') too, am I right ?

    The 'fun' doesn't take a big part of the DbD. I mean, perks aren't designed 'to be fun'...

  • @n000b51 said:

    Nowadays the rate of the OoO users is so rare. This perk isn't a decent help for survivors during the chases since his 'nerf' makes it totally useless (too situational, biggest cooldown to work when survivor needs it). But if I recall it correctly, this OoO doesn't work against Freddy ('Dream Land') too, am I right ?

    The 'fun' doesn't take a big part of the DbD. I mean, perks aren't designed 'to be fun'...

    Yeah, I barely see people running Object of Obsession now. It's kinda a shame to see another perk tossed in the trash heap.

  • @ReverseVelocity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2562167#Comment_2562167

    Yeah, I barely see people running Object of Obsession now. It's kinda a shame to see another perk tossed in the trash heap.

    I would like to see object not show aura of survivor, only show aura of killer.

    Maybe lower cooldown from 30->20.

  • If you want to use a perk that allows you to see the killer's aura use alert, it works every match and tells you a lot of information, and it's not nearly as oppressive as OoO was. The only reason people never use it is that OoO was just better at allowing you to get information anytime you want, I would say that every perk that allows you to magically see the killer's aura is overpowered, but only against nonstealth killers at moment due to the oblivious effect update.

  • @Devil_hit11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2562342#Comment_2562342

    I would like to see object not show aura of survivor, only show aura of killer.

    Maybe lower cooldown from 30->20.

    So you want remove option for killer to find out he is dealing with OoO and give it less cooldown? yeah no. Choose one

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2562489#Comment_2562489

    So you want remove option for killer to find out he is dealing with OoO and give it less cooldown? yeah no. Choose one

    why does killer need to know the perk is in play? Its not like kindred tells you as killer that your aura is being revealed. Object of Obsession is not terribly effective perk. You never see anyone run it post change. Alert is much better killer aura reading perk and hardly anyone runs it.

    I doubt even with those improvements, people would switch to using object of obsession suddenly. For some killers, such as Nurse and Pyramid head, The killer seeing aura of the survivor is too much of advantage in loops to run the perk, The perk is complete suicide right now against those killers. Its more detrimental to survivor now than it is a benefit.

  • @Devil_hit11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2562905#Comment_2562905

    why does killer need to know the perk is in play? Its not like kindred tells you as killer that your aura is being revealed. Object of Obsession is not terribly effective perk. You never see anyone run it post change. Alert is much better killer aura reading perk and hardly anyone runs it.

    I doubt even with those improvements, people would switch to using object of obsession suddenly. For some killers, such as Nurse and Pyramid head, The killer seeing aura of the survivor is too much of advantage in loops to run the perk, The perk is complete suicide right now against those killers. Its more detrimental to survivor now than it is a benefit.

    Kindred is used in one location and it is free for all perk. You should expect it.

    It would be fine, if you saw him just with that cooldown trigger, but you also see him, whenever he sees you and that's kinda big deal. With OoO killer just know that he can't suprise you with it, so he doesn't have to even try.

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2562936#Comment_2562936

    Kindred is used in one location and it is free for all perk. You should expect it.

    It would be fine, if you saw him just with that cooldown trigger, but you also see him, whenever he sees you and that's kinda big deal. With OoO killer just know that he can't suprise you with it, so he doesn't have to even try.

    I mean, currently, the only way to run OoO for survivor is to activate Mettle of Man. Mettle of Man when activated shows killer the aura of the survivor when survivor is healed to healthy after triggering the perk. This works with Object of Obsession since when your aura is shown to killer, the killer aura is shown to you. This gives you permanent wallhack like old Object of obsession did. it is not worth going through all the trouble to make this perk effective, hence why no one really runs MoM or OoO.

    I was just thinking of changes that would make it more of chase-aura reading information type perk for survivor without it helping the killer. there are not many perks that would give you aura reading in a chase with the killer besides Alert and Kindred. I think it would be interesting if there was a perk that specialized in giving aura reading to the survivor while in a chase. Current OoO feels like it should do that but I think it does not activate often enough to be helpful and periodic BBQ every 30 seconds helps killer more than survivor.

  • @Devil_hit11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2562941#Comment_2562941

    I mean, currently, the only way to run OoO for survivor is to activate Mettle of Man. Mettle of Man when activated shows killer the aura of the survivor when survivor is healed to healthy after triggering the perk. This works with Object of Obsession since when your aura is shown to killer, the killer aura is shown to you. This gives you permanent wallhack like old Object of obsession did. it is not worth going through all the trouble to make this perk effective, hence why no one really runs MoM or OoO.

    I was just thinking of changes that would make it more of chase-aura reading information type perk for survivor without it helping the killer. there are not many perks that would give you aura reading in a chase with the killer besides Alert and Kindred. I think it would be interesting if there was a perk that specialized in giving aura reading to the survivor while in a chase. Current OoO feels like it should do that but I think it does not activate often enough to be helpful and periodic BBQ every 30 seconds helps killer more than survivor.

    I would keep effect, but shorter cd to 20 seconds. That would be fine and you could use it in loops more often.

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2562996#Comment_2562996

    I would keep effect, but shorter cd to 20 seconds. That would be fine and you could use it in loops more often.

    Don't think it would make survivors use it. Removing drawback of having your aura being revealed by passive effect would be better for stand-alone perk.

  • @Devil_hit11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2563001#Comment_2563001

    Don't think it would make survivors use it. Removing drawback of having your aura being revealed by passive effect would be better for stand-alone perk.

    I actually use it a lot, when playing with new survivors. It's quite good at getting killer's attention, so I would really wanna keep that drawback. Mainly because I don't consider it drawback... I am not stealth survivor type.

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2563028#Comment_2563028

    I actually use it a lot, when playing with new survivors. It's quite good at getting killer's attention, so I would really wanna keep that drawback. Mainly because I don't consider it drawback... I am not stealth survivor type.


    suspicious. your first post complains about my initial change and asks to pick one. If you want killer attention, just run at the killer. you do not need a perk for that. Its not related to stealth. it is related to certain killers like nurse and pyramid head when their abilities highly profit from aura-reading from their ability as I stated in my first reply towards your first post.

    Anyhow my initial post is my suggestion to improving the perk.

  • @JustWhimsical said:

    If you want to use a perk that allows you to see the killer's aura use alert, it works every match and tells you a lot of information, and it's not nearly as oppressive as OoO was. The only reason people never use it is that OoO was just better at allowing you to get information anytime you want, I would say that every perk that allows you to magically see the killer's aura is overpowered, but only against nonstealth killers at moment due to the oblivious effect update.

    I know Alert is better, I wasn't asking for suggestions for perks to run instead of Object. The point of the thread is to give my feedback that Object sucks and suggest ways to improve it.

  • @ReverseVelocity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2562554#Comment_2562554

    I know Alert is better, I wasn't asking for suggestions for perks to run instead of Object. The point of the thread is to give my feedback that Object sucks and suggest ways to improve it.

    I was just saying that it might not be a good idea to buff a perk like that, as much as I like having good perks Object of Obsession as a concept was always just a little bit overpowered I don't really think it deserves a buff if I am being honest. :c