How to Balance Moris

Moris, like keys were nerfed to basically remove the features rather than balance them. Moris should become a bigger threat as the game continues. This would add some needed fear to the game. The problem with old mori despite all the grandstanding for it was that it was an EARLY game threat. You just had to tunnel someone off their hook and boom you've lopsided the game. New mori is just a counter to an unsafe pick up or DS, it just supplements tunneling.

How to balance moris:

  • First of all, its probably a good idea to only have ONE kind of offering. Having three just creates bloat. At least lower it to two. One more that kills all and one mori that kills 1-2. Cypress shouldn't exist with this change.
  • For actual changes. I feel that the way moris lowering their requirements as the match progresses would be best. Tying gen progress to it would make them a major threat toward the end of the game.
  • To accomplish that, 2 gens left would unlock the usual mori. Two hooks and mori.
  • All gens done would lower it to 1 hook and mori. It could be 1 gen left instead though. 1 may be too powerful.
  • EGC, or all gens done could allow the killer to mori anyone who's been downed. As I think about it more that's probably a bad idea and would make rancor more useless than it is already. It's a option though. 1 hook and mori though at end game I think at a minimum is good.

Very adjustable, what I suggested might be too strong but the point I'm making is it should be something that functions like Fire Up so it progresses through the course of the match and doesn't just encourage tunneling people to death at the early game. I do feel that it being unlocked as an option later into the game makes it less likely to encourage tunneling early game because the way it works will incentivize going after more than one survivor so you can mori multiple people. By the point the game is at 1 gen or all gens done the game should have been able to do enough to get decent BP. I also wanted to address that having 3 different kinds of moris is just making bloat on bloodweb.

Comments