How to Actually Balance Keys
The key nerf leaves a lot to be desired. For the amount of time it took to be done there was zero creativity involved and it was just on par with the mori nerf. Basically removing the feature from play rather than having it be something with counterplay.
How to really balance keys:
- Up the anim time and add a ladder animation. 5-10s time to open and go down the ladder. I'd lean toward 10s.
- Cooldowns between each survivor getting out. 20s-30s would be ample time. In that time period the entity would be blocking the hatch, maybe damaging the existing ladder so that there's a reason for the survivor needing to be on the ground before going down still.
- 5s for regular hatch escape to play out. That'd consist of making sure the ladder is sturdy and climbing down.
- Change Blood Amber.
- Potentially adjust 2 survivors 2 gen requirement to 1 and 3 survivors 1 gen requirement to all gens done like with 4. I doubt those would be necessary however with the cooldowns above. I do feel it needs to be mentioned though because most of the times where a key was a problem wasn't 4 survivors alive. It was 3 survivors 1 gen. The people whining about 4 survivors are people that just want an excuse.
- Potentially remove purple key altogether. That would reduce some bloodweb bloat and the chance of having a working key spawn in the match or on the web.
That would then resolve the majority of the complaints about keys and add some new content. That would allow for plenty of counterplay and risk. Times are adjustable of course but I think those are line w/ how long things typically take in the game. If something needed to be tweaked it'd probably be the animation times.
I would expect similar changes to come with moris functioning like Fire Up but that's a different topic.
Comments