I came back....
For SCIENCE!!!!
I started playing again with one intent in mind, to run a test. The test was, to lose 150 times with my main killer (the doctor). I had specific rules for it, and I'm here to share my findings with you all.
The first test was 100 games played normally, but I had to let everyone escape. The second was to just stand there with insidious, and do absolutely nothing.
What I found:
We'll get the obvious ones out of the way. If you do nothing you get 0 blood points, obviously. However you still get XP and rift XP. So you can literally farm rift XP and player xp while doing nothing.
Small things I found:
The father Campbell's map, if you stand in a corner and look at a wall, you can see your own shadow despite there being no light source.
Survivors can still blind you if you're looking down.
The BP the survivors got post match varied a lot between matches, even if they did all gens and totems. Some would award close to 20k BP across all survivors despite never being in a chase, to only awarding 9-10k to each survivor, even if they all did the exact same thing each match.
The fastest game I had was right under 2 minutes and 30 seconds, and there were no prove thyself in the match and a single brown toolbox. That was for all 5 gens to be done and the exit gates to be powered up.
You can stack both of doctors tapes, to give him both a ring and beam. However, this makes the hit box weird and glitchy it seems. As even when you hit a survivor with it at close range, it doesn't seem to connect and they remain unaffected.
Most matches lasted longer when I was afk than when I'm actually playing with full slow downs, most likely due to survivors looking for me. Further testing is needed on this.
And finally, the matchmaking.
I lost 150 games in a row, on my best killer. Based upon the math that we know, I should lose a maximum of 20 MMR for not killing any survivors. My math behind this was simple, 150x20=3000. Even if I'm only losing 10 a match, that's still 1500. Max soft cap is 1900, with the minimum being 800 MMR based off of their numbers. So by that logic, either way I should reach the minimum within this test, correct? Even if my MMR was over the soft cap.
Here's what I found after losing 150 games in a row...
Nothing. Nothing had changed. When I queued back up as doctor with a full perk build, I was going against the same survivors with the same perks as always. Same skill level as I usually play against. After days of testing, I found that nothing changed for me while I was playing. Something just doesn't add up..
Now I don't know what everyone's experience has been when losing matches, I'm just sharing my own experience from my testing. Feel free to do what you wish with this information.
Comments
What if your MMR was already at zero though ๐
How good were you before? And not how good did you think you were, but where were you actually ranked?
Without that Intel, it's hard to make logical sense of the rest. Not meant as a slight or insult in any way, but if you were mediocre before you left, you'd probably see less of a difference than if you were amazing. Of course the time of each match would matter as well, as I believe it's common knowledge at this point that if there aren't enough killer players, the sbmm goes right out the window in the interest of shorter survivor queue times.
The minimum is 800... With the starting point being 1100 according to behavior... Are.. are you... Are you clowning me right now? ๐ Lol
With Doctor I was really good, going against swf TTVs a lot of the time, all running the same meta perks, usually very skilled at looping, gen rushing, and even breaking 3 gens. If it was any other killer, I'd say not great. But that's why I b choose Doctor, he's my best by far.
I would never ๐
On a serious note, assuming you are someone who's MMR was even slightly above average, this is an interesting find. How long did this take you? Did you notice any perk changes/tendencies at any point? Did you bother to check the hours played, if you did this on Steam? Did you read any good books while AFKing? Did you try to play any Killers you rarely frequent after this to see if the global MMR that may or may not be in place affected them in any way?
๏ปฟ
This took me about 3 days ish? Of playing pretty consistent. The games weren't long or hard to get through as you can imagine. I'm also on console, I couldn't check the hours unfortunately. But no really changes perk wise across the board. Occasionally I'd get ones with self care, adrenaline, head on, and occasionally something like deception. But there was always 3 dh, unbreakables, DS, sprint bursts, stuff like that in every match.
I haven't tried playing other killers. A played about 5 matches after I started playing for real again, so it wouldn't be too difficult to test that.
Something else I found that I forgot to mention.
If you play but let everyone escape, you get Entity displeased almost every time. But if you afk, it always says brutal killer while still giving no emblems, except for a bronze or silver on the gen progression one.