The Spirit's new addons are kind of boring and not good. (also her chase music is fine and not dull)
Ok, I'm somewhat sad that Spirit is getting a nerf that makes her just another go invisible killer but not really, still I had hopes that her new addons would be able to change her up a bit rather than just a increase this, decrease that and... they are not that good.
Uchiwa, its effects are fine as this is one I have been think of thinking about for a while, basically a line of "revenge" addons that if the Spirit is stunned or blinded then something will happen, in this case she gets her power back, great!
Katana tsuba is fine as well. Tangent - Juniper bonsai should be buffed as it is a useless addon any ways, possibly so that it becomes Spirit's bp addon, or heck it could give her back her old vaulting animation, you know the one.
Senko hanabi is where it gets kind of meh, nice idea but the Spirit can't really capitalise from blocking a single window for 5 seconds, since the devs like to put addons to that do an effect from that killer's perks then I thought that Senko hanabi should just break pallets/wall instead, that would be a bit more beneficial and would change up how you play her.
Ok, mothers glasses is just dumb, no one gets near the husk, it just never happens, it may happen now that you can tell where she is but its is still quite null is execution because getting to see people who go near a 2 metre radius to the husk doesn't warranty to remove scratch marks (it also doesn't make much sense to be her mother's glasses) or they could increase the radius to 8 - 10 metres (and call them father's glasses since he is the murderous one) or they could make it another "revenge" addon, this is my idea btw -
Mother's glasses, while the spirit is recharging her power if she is stunned or blinded the survivor how did so will be revealed to the Spirit by Killer Instinct for 10 seconds. This for synergy with other "revenge" addons.
Rusty flute should just be reworked into another fun addon to be honest, or scraped and replace it with this other addon I though off (mainly because a flute isn't distinctly Japanese kind of like prayer beads)
New addon - Rotting Sho (a Japanese instrument) when the Spirit end a phase walk survivors in the terror radius of the husk will have their location revealed for 3 seconds. This addons was inspired by Rancor's effect.
Yakuyoke talisman, the same but its fine since it increases her time by alot.
Wakizashi saya now does another idea I had for a while, however its not that good, it has the same problem that mother's glasses has, no one goes near the husk, plus its kind on a campy addon, also the way it works is kind of funky I thought that when you go back into your husk then you would be facing the same direction you left the husk looking at, but it instead makes you look at the same direction you where looking at before. Still they should just put that 2 metre radius radar on this addon so its at least worth the slot.
Furin, I like that they changed the addon so that it is an object more Japanese as I said before however, now its kind of dumb and can not be used, so how about it makes the phasing sound not only map wide but it puts in reverse the sound to survivors out side of the 24 metres around the Spirit. So it is loud when the Spirit is away but it gets more silent the closer the Spirit is (they could have it so that it is directionally opposite to the Spirit's current location), remember this does not take affect near the Spirit for balancing reasons and makes more sense.
Dried Cherry blossom should be reworked, its a really unfair addon to be honest with you as a Spirit main.
I had this idea for an addon for a long time, this another revenge addon in which when the Spirit is re-charging her power, if she is stunned or blinded then the survivor who did so will suffer from the exposed status effects for 10 seconds, I also thought rather than a cherry blossom it should may be, be a Spider lily.
Ok tangent, I liked how each addon was a reference to her mum and one for her dad so may be they should change the name to "Father's Kintsugi cup" and the description say that it was made by her father so that future Yamaoka generations have something to remember him by.
Mother-daughter ring is fine but, may be it could include this revenge element so that is she is ever stunned or blinded she gets an additional increase of 15% or more in her next phase walk.
Kintsugi cup, is also fine but it could do something else such as give a 10% increase to pallet/wall breaking, or after breaking a pallet/wall she gets a grace period for 20 seconds where she gets an increased phase walk activation by a lot, like 70% faster rate or more.
Ok her chase music, many people say that it is boring and that fans have made better chase music but, here is the thing, those fan creations might sound nice but they don't really go with the Spirit or her preestablished musical tone and theme from her lobby music theme (which that one is actually quite dull), however what they are going for is a subtle and more creepy theme for her as she is inspired by J-horror, which is subtler and more terrorific than a slasher in your face killer. Still may be they could make the 16 to 8 metre parts transition better as the 8 metre part makes it feel more like the music is starting over and not increasing in intensity, for her it should increase in creepiness and terror.
Comments
Mother’s Glasses should have Father’s Glasses old effects. Not sure why they removed that add on as I felt it was a fair ultra rare even though I didn’t really use it. Revealing killer instinct when they’re near thee husk is pretty useless but teleporting back to the husk with Wakazashi Saya can be very impactful with mind games. It works best at round loops as you can bait the survivor to vault the pallet or run back around to the husk.
As for Senko Hanabi, I agree it needs a buff. I do like the design choice but it needs a numbers buff imo.
I’ve tried Dried Cherry Blossom on the PTB and I don’t think it will be that OP. I wouldn’t mind if this add on also decreased movement speed or something but a scratch mark downside is more impactful on this new Spirit than the current one imo.
Well, with how boring she makes the game for survivors, it is only fair.
So killers can't have creative add-ons that are actually effective so that they're used? Isn't that what survivors want? Variety instead of the same boring stuff?
I hope survivors always get trash perks then from how boring Iron Will/Dead Hard are.
Her addons pretty much got the Nurse treatment where she only really has 3 or 4 useful ones and the rest are gimmicky ones which will work maybe 1 out of 5 times.
Funnily enough her strongest combo, Mother Daughter Ring + Yakuyoke didn't get nerfed, and I have at least 200 of each so there's no reason for me to run any other combo. I wish they had nerfed MDR and Yakuyoke and kept her green or at least yellow speed/duration combos.
I mainly would like more creative addons that go with her thematic of revenge, number increase would make the mediocre addons better off course, also how they function, Wakizashi saya could put you back facing the same way the husk faces so that it is a bit less disorienting mainly because this is the only teleport in dbd that is instant unlike other which give you a few secs to analyse where you are, even Hag stops for a bit when teleporting, Wakizashi saya lest you immediately move on the go which is nice but can be disorienting.