Anyone else getting this? This is kinda worrying devs...
Maybe it's just an odd few days but yesterday afternoon & night as well as a few games this morning I have had survivors just let themselves die even after winning.
Quick example I was playing a weak killer in a mmr way too high (thanks to shared mmr) and being honest I got destroyed. I got about 4 hooks, great team, played loops very safe and was efficient on a pretty big map so an expected loss, however after they had done all gens and got the gates opened they refused to leave and basically just killed themselves.
So are these people just expoilting mmr? Because all 4 was easily out, these players are really good and understand every tile etc.
Note: it's not always all 4 players, usually it's just the odd player that refuses to leave.
So if they die to EGC does mmr count me as getting kills and winning ?
I really hope this isnt the case and becoming a norm has anyone else experienced this? My legion is already too high let alone being pushed higher by players that look like they're abusing mmr
Comments
I mean, you said it yourself: "I was playing a weak killer in a mmr way too high"
They probably just smurfed their way down because the new system only counts death or survival and doesn't incorporate anything else. They would've pipped under the old system, but they lose MMR under the new system, so they just go down further and further and get easier and easier games. All they have to do is suicide at the end.
sounds about right to me. if you don't need the bp why push your rank up? you know you won you don't need the little icon. exactly what I expected to happen although a bit quickly
Killers complaining about Survivors never giving Kills, now they give Kills and Killers complain...
But eh, have not experienced that. Maybe it will increase for a short amount of time because of the information of the Dev-Stream, but I dont think it will be a long lasting trend.
I also had a team do this to me but I thought they were just giving me sympathy kills. It could have just been content creators deMMRing for their juking videos. Otherwise I really don't see the point of deranking for easier games when you are already very good.
Before it didnt really matter match. Now killers are getting boosted MMR by smurfs delevelling
Yeah that's what I'm assuming
Well I dont want pity kills, I want the ability to get said kills as long as I play well (not perfect).
And maybe, like I said it hasn't been every game and its usually just the odd player but iv never had this before that stream.
Well people do like to have easier games to basically bully, it's hard to say if that's the intent but if you can play that well not many killers would be a threat anyway, only one was macro clicking. I'm honestly not sure, I hate how mmr isnt off skill