Does Trickster's Lullaby actually make him harder to 'spot'?
I might go and do a fieldtest with this as soon as my groups available but:
Whatever you think about Trickster's Lullaby, I'd say as it blends into his TR so well (too well) he gains a much bigger advantage from M&A than any other killer. Because the lullaby is not affected, only the heartbeat is, so the heartbeat starts up much later, lulling (hah!) one potentially into a false security deeming him much much further away.
Thoughts? Experience with this?
Comments
I don't think so personally
Having an early warning that the killer is within a certain distance of me gives them little room to catch me off guard. Huntress at least has the strength of being able to damage you instantly from a distance if you're not paying complete attention.
I think it does, which is probably intentional. As soon as I hear the first note of his lullaby I immediately stop what I'm doing and I look around for him to try and make friends. But he's always so hard to find, even intentionally doing so, just based off his lullaby.
Yes
Lullaby just makes early detection easier. If your gonna shift w to drag out a chase, no need to wait for the tr.
It does make him harder to detect since his Lullaby is at a half way point of distance, instead of being close. Which actually makes perks like Monitor still some what useful on him since you can't tell if he's coming closer, or if he's leaving the area.
made a meme for the occasion
What is monitor buying you though? With a lullaby killer the survs already know you are there, its not like its allowing you to get any closer to them. Even on killers with a smaller TR like hag I think the utility is probably limited.
What makes him hard to see? His cosmetics that make him look like a survivor.
What I meant is this:
Monitor doesn't influence the lullaby, yes. But unlike Huntress' Tricksters blends strongly into his TR music. Thus he could theoretically move through his lullaby (so to speak) to get a sorta surprise attack.
Like, one could think he's much further away due to the lullaby not being clear if it is that or his TR, thus also giving the impression that he's further away when the TR starts up